Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The grant access user cannot use the direct access to the local storage.

I hope Arlo team can take this suggestion into consideration. 

Comments
Jamonsk8
Initiate

They're not going to change this.  I have a ticket as well and the updates are circular.  They fed me the same story about this isn't an issue rather a new feature.  Never do they give a timeline or any commitment nor do they acknowledge that their advertising for these cameras is misleading/falsely represents the products capabilities.  

Hewu1688
Initiate

Can everyone who has opened the ticket regarding grant user access issue to provide me the ticket number and when ticket was opened?  I am going to try my best to make Arlo to fix it.  I know it’s a long shot, but I want this to change.  I am not going to pay additional monthly fee for basic functionalities which I have already paid for.  

s7ninc
Fledgling

Your Case Details
Case Number: 42447386
Subject: grant access to another user to access base station to download videos

Jamonsk8
Initiate

They closed my case.

Your Case Details
Case Number: 41969402
Subject: Allowing the Grant Access to view locally stored videos
Product: VMB4540

Jamonsk8
Initiate

Created a new case.

Case number is: 42463427 

jrodridguez0555
Initiate

I cannot express how frustrated I am, that such a premium camera system denies access to local storage on secondary or third accounts. I've worked for CCTV company for three years and even the lowest model of DVR had the ability to view the recordings via multiple devices (computer/phone/tablet/browser). With Arlo I feel like I'm being force to purchase the subscription in order to have one of the most important features available. If Alro was honest about their product they would advertise their products with *Subscription needed to have multiple users view the recordings*, nobody would purchase these cameras. Local recording only gives the main account holder access to the local files, while your additional users can only view the cameras live. I urge Arlo to stop hiding such significant features behind their pay wall and give us the bare bone essentials of a camera system without their subscription. 

prakashp
Aspirant

Hewu1688 - This is my case.  42219990 Every monday I get an email and I update the case asking for them to keep it open.  Thanks for offering to fight this with Arlo.  Maybe approach some magazines that do security camera reviews and generate some negative publicity, that may work.

jrodridguez0555
Initiate

Here you go Hewu1688

Your Case Details
Case Number: 42469238
Subject: Technical inquiry regarding the Direct storage access
Product: VMB5000

Hewu1688
Initiate

According to the Arlo support, Jesse, the grant user is unable to access local storage for both users with Arlo subscription and non-Arlo subscription.

there is a separate team working on this issue and Jesse has agreed to keep my ticket opened until it’s resolved.  No promises on ETA, but I will follow up with him next week on the status.  I will see if I can get to speak with the team who is handling the issue.

As far as I can see, there shouldn’t be much of work to fix this issue.   I will let everyone know once I have any new updates.

Dsay84
Initiate

+1 for this issue. Arlo has been very deceptive only multiple issues and I wouldn’t be surprised if the end up with a UDAP suit.

Also opened up a case on this issue.