Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The grant access user cannot use the direct access to the local storage.

I hope Arlo team can take this suggestion into consideration. 

Comments
prakashp
Aspirant

Hewu1688 - That is a great idea !!  I also purchased my cameras from Costco and Costco has a lot more power that you or I.  Can you post your ticket number so I can call Costco and say 'I want to open another ticket exactly like that'.

Hewu1688
Initiate

Prakash - my SR with Costco is 210318-003525.  I am not sure if Costco is able to do much, but Costco rep hook me up with Arlo support and I have complained it over again and Arlo case # is 42368912.  Arlo rep promised me she will try to push design to fix this issue ASAP and she has promised to provide me with the progress in 2 weeks or so.  I told her there should be no technical reason why this cannot be fixed.

I even offered to fix the problem if Arlo would provide me the source code of the app.  We already paid for Arlo hub and local storage, Arlo cannot block the access to the devices which belong to user.  I even mentioned this problem has been reported by many users over a year and nothing has been done.  I cannot just wait forever.  

I demanded some progress on fixing this bug in few weeks.  I don’t see why other competitors’ products support multiple user access to local storage, but Arlo engineers cannot do it?  That is a big joke!  If no action taken in few weeks, I may need to consult with lawyer on what other steps can be taken.

Hewu1688
Initiate

Prakash - my SR with Costco is 210318-003525.  I am not sure if Costco is able to do much, but Costco rep hooked me up with Arlo support and I have complained it over again and Arlo case # was created 42368912.  Arlo rep promised me she will try to push design to fix this issue ASAP and she has promised to provide me with the progress update in 2 weeks or so.  I told her there should be no technical reason why this cannot be fixed.

I even offered to fix the problem if Arlo would provide me the source code of the app.  We already paid for Arlo hub and local storage, Arlo cannot block the access to the devices which belong to user.  I even mentioned this problem has been reported by many users over a year and nothing has been done.  I cannot just keep waiting forever.  

I demanded some progress update on fixing this bug in few weeks.  I don’t see why other competitors’ products are allowing access to local storage from multiple users, but Arlo engineers cannot do it?  That is a big joke!  

tsiva
Fledgling

Agree 

Christian1911
Fledgling

I’m both amazed and not at all to see everyone experiencing the same issues we are. Arlo does everything they can go force you to purchase their subscription, not at all realizing it’s pushing people the other way. My hub constantly needs to be reset and my local storage ejected then reinserted; this all began after my subscription expired. Even while using the cloud, I would keep my local storage active and routinely check it, none of these issues persisted until the free year concluded. This is awful—couple that with local storage only accessible from one account and I’d call it something far more sinister. 

I will never own another arlo product and whenever asked, I have and will continue to steer people in another direction. 

FormSeeker
Novice

It is ridiculous that my wife cannot see the local recordings and it was not clear on the box that this limitation existed. I even tried logging in as me on my wife’s phone but there can be only one device logged on as the primary at a time. The ONLY reason for this is to make you pay for the cloud storage. I’m not paying for arlo smart. I plan on returning these cameras and buying the brand that doesn’t have a subscription option. 

ScottR32
Tutor
Make local storage accessible to those who have been granted that administrative privilege. My wife not having that access is unacceptable.
s7ninc
Fledgling

Hi - can you please update the "grant access" feature to allow another user the ability to download videos from the base station?  

Hewu1688
Initiate

I suggest everyone to open a ticket with Arlo.  More complaints about same issue will make them to act faster on the fix.

I have attempted to get them to fix this problem under ticket 42368912.  They are treating it as a new feature request even though I do not agree with it.  No ETA, but I am still pushing as hard as I can.

I will consider checking with lawyer if they keep on delaying and making excuses.  If no fix, they should put a warning label on their products about this limitation.

Wirides
Aspirant

No, you won't contact a lawyer. You will deal with it because Arlo won't change it, you will pay for their service, or you will return the whole works. But you won't try to take a tech company to court because you were duped so save the drama.