Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
ewb110
Observer

I agree with the previous comments in this thread.  After taking to Twitter and personally connecting to Matt McRae (Arlo CEO), I feel this issue has been resolved.  I think this thread should be locked.

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

What do you mean?  Are they going to work on it?  You can't suspend recording only notifications.  Great you reached out so someone, can  you enlighten us.  Thanks a lot.

Kktracy3
Apprentice

Resolved are you kidding? Yes I can mute notifications but I still will get 50 videos of me mowing the yard and my battery will still run down quicker. Mute notifications is completely separate if you ask me

JohnFLand
Fledgling

The subject of this thread is "Temporarily suspend video and audio recording", not "mute notifications (on one device at a time)". This 5+ year old problem is NOT resolved, particularly since muting notifications on my phone does NOT stop Arlo from sending notifications to my 4 Alexa devices.

dccsb007
Guide

It's nice that Matthew responded and gave you some insight. Would have have been really nice for someone to have responded to the many many community threads and let us know it was happening. As oaspirit highlighted, this has been requested since 2015 with zero response, action or solution. I hope they are working it but he is stating it takes time to finish coding and testing...how long does that take?! Even if they just ignored the threads for 2 years they have had 4 years to do this for their customers so I have trouble believing this is one of their highest priorities. It is only resolved when a solution is available, not when a "promise" is made over social media.

DigitalAlien
Aspirant

Lol, I think I commented on this thread about 2 years ago now? It's very silly this is still an issue. Other much cheaper camera systems have this features (among other features Arlo still doesn't have or charges too much for).

I actually abandoned using Arlo due to the underwhelming value you get from this product. Very expensive and not much to make it stand out for that cost. If you are coming here hoping this feature will get added or any feature for that matter. This thread should answer that question for you... no, no it will not.

drewguy
Aspirant

It's great that the CEO responded on Twitter to say this is a high priority.

But that was two years ago!  How high a priority can it be?  And if this is a high priority, then the CEO needs to fire some people.  

That's not a resolution.  That's an empty corporate "promise"

4KFan
Aspirant

Awesome idea and overdue.  Thought it might be possible with IFTT 

If All Cameras are Disarmed

Then 

Arm Cameras after 5, 10, 15 minutes etc. Maybe a 1 hour max time before the system rearms or gives the option to snooze the system.

[Your cameras are currently disarmed, arming in 30 seconds or tap button to snooze for 15 more minutes)

It’s not possible.  

smf85
Fledgling

I agree!   I have people that mow the community lawn every week and it's constantly sending alerts unless I manually turn the system off.  Sometimes I forget to turn the system back on after they are done.  A snooze would be perfect.

timothjb
Fledgling

I struggle with this issue everyday when someone wants to sit out on the porch for a while. Drives me crazy. I’m familiar with coding and I can tell you it would be almost trivial to add this feature. My guess is that they are purposely ignoring pleas for this feature because they want to encourage people to sign up for Arlo smart, though I don’t think that would give you the same capability anyway.