Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments

I have nine Nest cameras and like them for what they are, but would not recommend them wholeheartedly as a replacement for Arlo, since they have ZERO battery options and their continuos streaming is fairly bandwidth heavy.  There are also some areas where Arlo beats Nest in simple things like allowing location and shedule to control camera actions in concert with each other.  It is also important to remember that Nest absolutely HOSED their application after they purchased DropCam and sunset the original DropCam app in favor of the Next app which linked our cameras needlessly and fairly uslessly (for customers) to our thermostat account.  I actually had Nest first and add Arlo due to Nest's ineptitude.

CPMS
Tutor

I just did this (AGAIN) this past weekend.  Put the system in Disarm while my son was shooting hoops in the driveway on Friday and forgot to arm it later that evening.  System was off all weekend.  Just remembered to Arm it this morning.  Why is this so difficult to program?

Brent-Arlo
Tutor
Hi, it would be oh so appreciated if you could add timer functionality to modes. I want to either be able to set a timeout for a mode before it reverts back to armed or disarmed (user selection) or timed modes that trigger based on time schedule. please advise if this is in the pipeline.
Thanks
JohnFLand
Fledgling

2015-01-26 -- First request for a "schedule pause" feature.

2019-04-18 -- over 300 posts asking for the feature.

A feature that could be implemented by an intern.

A feature that the competition already has. For quite some time.

Someone's not trying very hard.

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

It is very discouraging to see a company completely ignore its customers.  If they do respond it is only cursory lip service.  I’m a small business owner and if my employees ignored my customers as netgear does I would be out of business.  Remember what happened to Jawbone.  They are out of business now.  Maybe they too should have listened to their customers.  I like the arlo products but the support is what ultimately will get me to continue to support the company.  At this point despite having 15 cameras I have no plans to upgrade or replace or add any more untilnor unless this company becomes more responsive.  We are also still waiting for the battery indicator to be put back on the main screen which we were told would happen.  It think that too is probably going on over a year now.  Classic textbook case on how not to support your most loyal customers.

we would be happy to be patient if you would just commucatw and give us updates now and again.  This is not (thankfully) rocket science.

Jordad34
Novice
Being able to turn the cameras off for a set time would be amazing. I always forget to turn my system back on after the kids are out playing or I mow the lawn. Let us snooze the cameras so we stop getting notification and killing the camera batteries. Then have them turn back on automatically. This would make the app and the system as a whole totally and completely worth the investment.
Lucasvdw
Fledgling

Just happened to be in my ring doorbell app today and guess what it has - motion alert snooze option with preset times.  Still captures the motion but doesn't notify for the time.  With all that these do this isn't rocket science - it's actually just an app fix.  Totally agree if they can't make this happen I'm wondering what they are focusing on.  

ewb110
Observer

Here's my dialogue with Arlo's CEO, Matthew McRae.  They are working to deploy it.IMG_9227.jpg

Ring has had the snooze option for a long time.  What I don’t like about the Ring snooze functionality, is that it only snoozes MY notifications.  Not notifications for everyone monitoring the doorbell.  So my wife still gets constant alerts and I have to snooze it on her device(s) in addition to my own.

FrankTheTankS
Novice

This feature would be extremely helpful. Snoozing the whole system, up to a couple hours would be great! C'mon Arlo, I know you can do this!