Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
ArloProOwner
Apprentice

Yes I agree, that would be a nice option.

CPMS
Tutor

Another vote for this feature. Would make it even more useful if it can be accessed via the Force Touch menu (which, by the way, is STILL BROKEN).

sgibbers17
Apprentice

I would like to see a snooze option for just notifications for a certain length of time.  There are times that I know that I am working out in the yard then continously get notifications so I disarm it but then dont realize till a day or two later that I disarmed it.  I still want the cameras to still record motion because if I choose to snooze for an few hours for me to work in the yard or the kids to play but then I am done far earlier that I thought it would take or go inside for a few minutes and leave my yard equipment out. I don't want any missed recordings just incase someone decides to steal my mower or other equipment.

TomMac
Guru

this idea has been in the wish list for a while and may be comming soon

sgibbers17
Apprentice

I have seen snoozing the motion detection but not just the notifications but I guess I missed those in my search.  I just wanted to make sure there was a request for just the notifications because I still want my system to record.

mattcm32
Aspirant

Isn't this what the geofencing/schedule modes do?

CPMS
Tutor

This is not the same. Geofencing would require you to enter or leave a geofence area to trigger a change in mode. Scheduling would change modes at pre-set specific dates/times.  What the OP is talking about is to have a way to change a camera mode for a specific duration (probably fairly short) then return to the mode that was active originally.  

Example would be when you're home you may want most of your outdoor cameras "on" detecting movement.  If your kid goes outside to shoot baskets in the driveway you'd want to be able to shut that camera "off" for an hour or so while he/she is out there our your driveway camera will constantly be taking video (and potentially sending you notifications ever couple of minutes).  This is an actual occurance for me and it drives me nuts.  If I shut off the driveway camera to stop the notifications I usually don't remember to re-arm it until the next day.

MiroLi
Novice
Would be great to introduce a mute mode, so I can disarm my cameras for next couple of minutes. (e.g. 10 minute) ans they will go back to armed mode after this period.

I am monitoring my outdoor area and if I just arrive or leave, or just go out to my trash bin - this feature would be great to use.
meghashyamps
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Team

There are so many requests for this, why is this not done yet? 

Sooner2k18
Aspirant

This would be incredible valuable for those times when somebody is doing yard work, etc.   It would be nice to have a quick setting to turn the cameras off for that area and time frame rather than having to go into the tool, disable your alerts manually, then remember later to re-enable them (which is very easy to forget).