Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tap on Push Notification opens live view of initiating camera

(Note: I'm an Android user - I'm not sure how this works on iOS)

The primary reason that someone would use a push notification is so that they're notified immediately when there's motion.

I'd suggest that the best behavior when clicking on a push notification is that it opens the live view of the camera that initiated the notification.

Additionally, an app-level setting to optionally choose to open the library entry associated with the push would be helpfull. That way, if you view the notification later, you can immediatly link to the recorded event.

Comments
GSC928
Novice

I agree 100% with this request. I have an Android my husband has iOS and we would like the notification to come to both of us as well not just the main user. It's ridiculous to have a product that will only notify one device of an issue. This should be basic for a company like yours. 

We have 6 cameras and bought for this reason. Otherwise we could've went with a different product. 

JamesC
Community Manager

GSC928,

You can receive notifications on more than one device by utilizing the Grant Access feature. For more information, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

morair11
Novice

When I get a notification, it would be nice to tap on it and the app go straight to the camera. Currently it doesnt. I have so many cameras I forget which one to go to.  Is there a way to do that now? If not they should have this option.

Larry

BSplit
Novice

When an email notification is received about a motion incident, one can click on the link to launch the video of the incident without first being asked to log into their account.  This is not a secure feature as any one who gets access to this email can view what's going on.  Can we change this feature to force users to log into their account first before launching any videos?