Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Show Battery Percentage in "Devices" overview

In the UI in the devices overview the battery percentage isn't shown. I see a battery but that is it. Would be good to see on the overview what the percentage is so that I don't need to click on the device to monitor the state.

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 10.35.55.png

Comments
Sreenadh
Apprentice

Hello,

I am suprised Alro does not offer the option to see the battery percentage on the battery icon displayed. It shows the level but not the actual battery percentage without clicking the camera settings. Fix this issue and it should be a simple fix

The battery icon should be an icon with the percentage level not just the visual level thats there now 

Yazmine
Guide
This is a request for Arlo Apps developers for Android. Please add the battery % numerical value next to the battery icon on the front dashbord of Android Apps. This will really help users not to go in to detail device setting every time. I know battery icon does have a bar but numeric value in small font will be very helpful. This will not be missy. Thank you in advance.
Glasto
Apprentice

I totally agree and even emailed Arlo to have do this exact request last week. Lets hope it gets done. Not holding my breath!

Luvtommie
Novice

When will Arlo add the battery percentage numerical value on the main display?!? 

Sreenadh
Apprentice

The answer is never,  i dont think they even view these forums smh

mcl0118
Novice

The screen 'Devices' which shows all connected cameras has a battery power icon.  It is cumbersome (especially on a cell phone)  to have to tap on each camera's icon to check the percentage of power remaining.  

I'd suggest placing a numeric value within each of the battery icons indicating percentage of battery life remaining, thus eliminating the need to tap on each camera's icon. 

This would be a great time saver and simply allow users to very quickly visually scan the screen for a quick view of all battery strengths across all cameras. 

Stop.

Sreenadh
Apprentice

I don't get why there is not an option to show the battery percentage on as a number rather than an icon?
Please add that feature to the home screen of all the cameras under the video for viewing live feeds on windows and the mobile app.

StephenB
Guru

>>> I don't get why there is not an option to show the battery percentage on as a number rather than an icon?

Note you can see this in the browser - just hover your mouse over the battery.

Sreenadh
Apprentice

I know you can hover over it but it should also show a percentage number automatically on the mobile app and browser. I have 20 cameras so i rather have it directly displayed with a number like how it is on a android device.

StephenB
Guru

>>> I know you can hover over it but it should also show a percentage number automatically on the mobile app and browser.

I'd like that also - just making sure you knew how to see the percentage.