Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Send Push Notifications and/or Emails no more than once every X minutes for specific camera

It would be nice to have an option when setting up Alerts to have a Time selector for each camera and/or Rule.  That way you could say:

Send Push Notifications and/or Emails no more than once every 30 (or 60 or 90 or 120) minutes for events on THIS camera.

It could hopefully be set for each camera or for each Rule.

That would seem to be more secure than simply having to turn off alerts entirely because of false/unimportant motion events.

Maybe there could be an option to select an Override for the above alert limitation if more than 'X' of your different camera motion/audio triggers occur within 'Y' minutes of each other.  For example, if you have chosen not to be notified more than once every 120 minutes for motion triggers from camera #1 because it covers trafiic on the street, the override would kick in if you decided to be notified immediatley if 3 out of 4 of your cameras trigger within 5 minutes of each other - or perhaps if one internal home camera triggers within 5 minutes of an external camera event.

I would find these more flexible option helpful.  If anyone else does as well, please hit the Kudo button.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

latchboy
Novice

It would be helpful to have a delay between notifications from a device triggered by movement. Every day I receive 5-6 notifications when walking into my garage and getting into my car. 1 would be sufficient, 5 is down right annoying.
The app should be configurable to enter a “pause” or “time out” between notifications. For example, I could program 10 secs. In my example a trigger will send a notification then that device will wait at least 10 secs to send another notification. This is a very simple addition that has been requested numerous times in the community. Can we please have this with the next upgrade?