Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Send Notifications Based on Higher Motion Detection Threshold

One way that could greatly reduce the number of spam notifictions but still maintain security is to add a setting that lets you send push/email notifications only if a specified motion detection threshold is exceeded, but still keep the system armed and record events at lower threshold.

So, for instance, I've registered my cameras with our local police department to aid if there's ever a crime in the area.  Thus, I *want* to record video of cars passing by.  However, I don't want to receive a notification every few minutes.  With this notional feature, I could set my driveway camera to trigger and record any car that drives by in the distance, but alert me only when a car actually pulls into my driveway or if my back gate (right next to the camera) is openend.  

Seems like a very simple feature to add that could vastly improve the usability of the notification system.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!