Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule Camera(s) to take Pictures

I am using Arlo for a construction project Im currently working on. This project will be going on for more than a year. It would be great if you could add a feature that would allow me to schedule the camera(s) to automatically take a picture at certain points during the day. For example, I would like to be able to place markers on the schedule at 11:00am and 4:00pm and then have the camera(s) turn on a take a picture at those selected times. This would be great for eventually putting together a timelapse of the project over a year's time. 

Thanks - Peter

Comments
TrulsZK
Apprentice

Arlo camera take snapshot and record video when motion.
Have noticed during my testing if the camera is quickly disconnected / destroyed (e.g. By an intruder) after motion starts I get no video,.
If the camera, in addition to video take continues snapshots like 1 per second and upload immediately to the cloud it would be nearly impossible to disconnect / destroy the camera before at lease a few snapshots are uploaded.

zazzafraz
Initiate

Has there been any aknowledgement or update from Netgear on this?  It seems many people would like the option to take snapshots periodically.  This can't be that difficult to implement.  Many competitors can do it.

So why the delay?

DrOctave
Aspirant

Another use: I want to use it for monitoring my vegetable garden to see where the sun falls.

TrulsZK
Apprentice
Unfortunately there is no schedule recording, except when Arm/Disarm
It is possible to use CVR and use the timeline to find the event.
However the possibility to schedule snapshots/video would be great E.g. every 30 minutes (Could be used for time lapse).
kevin4
Apprentice

I would also like all my arlo cameras to take a quick snapshot when I launch the Arlo app.  That way I can see what is going on at a glance rather than .... play camera 1, wait for video, pause it...play camera 2, wait for video, pause it...play camera 3, wait for video, pause it...play camera 4, wait for video, pause it...

Lisey
Star

agree this would be awesome to schedule snapshots

tybeeshines
Fledgling

i would also like to be able to schedule a snapshot.  Any update on this requested functionality?

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

iocopocomaioco
Follower

+1 for this idea - great to see it's going into engineering investigation. I bought my first camera and like it - considering plastering 2 holiday homes with more... but without this feature it won't work beyond some basic internal 'motion detection / intrusion' use case. I really need the ability to have timed pictures for more use cases which includes the outdoor (eg monitor progress with works - follow major weather events over time etc...). Initially within the app - would also he great to have this accessible via an API as I'd like to create a custom UI that gives me a snapshot of all outdoor cameras for a house, at a point in time. Finally, the ability to play the pictures in timelapse would be neat (day / week / month summary view).

bjthomas09
Tutor

This is a great idea, would love this feature with the ability to integrate to Smartthings and take snapshots when certain events are triggered.