Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rotate image 90 degrees

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Comments
ottingerc
Novice

I agree this would be very useful

spmilb
Onlooker

I'd love to add to my system, but I just can't justify it because I haven't seen a single 'feature' added since I bought my system a few years ago.   I'm reasearching other products before I invest any more money.  Some basic feature requests:

• Allow better layout of the camera devices.  There is too much wasted space around the edges, I want just video and I want it as big as I can fit in my window.  I'd also like to make one camera big and the other smaller. 
  • I want a 'don't log me out" feature so I can just leave the window on a spare monitor.
  • More than ANYTHING, I want to be able to  ROTATE my individual camera view in 90 degreee increments. (don't change the hardware, IR settings, motion detection, etc.  Just  let me SEE the video turned at 90 degrees!). 
  • Don't make me PAY to be able to set a motion activity zone.  ESPECIALLY with a battery operated camera!   I have a  FLAG in my driveway and I have to change my batteries every week!  This used to be included in the basic plan!
Arlo_user2
Aspirant

It's just terrible how nothing has been done for years now to address the request for 90 degree rotation.    The software and UI feels old.    But I guess you get what you pay for.. the ARLO's are cheaper in comparision to NEST IQ and the image quailty isnt as good.

Tester101
Aspirant

Please add 90 degree option, very useful for someone 

Stilobix
Aspirant

Same here!!! That would be awesome.

And it there is a motion issue then display a disclaimer as you do it for the activity zones when the camera is not AC powered... even if its connected to a solar pannel that keep the battery fully charged....

dennismccreery
Onlooker
Why has this been open for 3 years now with no action? Dennis McCreery
benny02r
Fledgling

Not sure it’s crazy 

josh2cold
Novice

+1

Chiming in to the 90 degree request.  Make things a lot easier.

Bdonnach
Onlooker

Since this feature would require a single line of code to allow 90 degree rotation in addition to the 180 degrees it already has, Arlo either lacks the ability of desire to do it.

For potential buyers who need this feature, pick a competitive product. Arlo will NOT likely add this feature. As a stock holder, it pains me to admit that Arlo apparently lacks the capacity to compete in a crowded market, as reflected in the plummeting stock price.

For current customers, we can mount our cameras sideways. That means our video will come out sideways; but, we can still get the coverage we need, then use a video editing application to rotate individual segments. 

spmilb
Onlooker

I know I'm just ONE  person, but  I did NOT purchase the two additional Arlo cameras that I would like. to add to my system--and I will not do so until this simple feature is added.   Please suggest alternate / competing products by  companies who respond to customer requests.