Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Restore Icons On The App

a recent iphone app update removed the informative icons for battery level, wifi strength, motion detection.  less is not more... less is less.. please restore these icons above the camera snapshot view in the iphone app.  thank you

Comments

Please put back the Ear, motion, wifi and Plug icons in the iPhone app.

I now have to open the device video and wait a while for it to open to see if there is anyone in the office (my staff), whereas before, i could just look to see if the geo fencing was activated or not.

This change is a real nuisance.  Please put them back.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

MauriceDmello
Novice

I see that you have put back the battery icon on the 'devices' screen. Please put back the motion, wifi and ear icons in the Andriod app. This will enable me to see whether the cameras are armed and function properly without have to change to the 'mode' tab. There is space available next to the battery icon for these three icons.

Zivcam1
Follower

Totally agree, I’m very disappointed these essential status symbols have been removed, re allocated. 

Please restore functionality as it was excellent before the update. 

The 2.6 Arlo app is abysmal. It looks to me like they are trying to merge the Android and iOS apps, or are having Android developers attempt to program an iOS app.

The 2.6 App is completely broken on iOS 12, and using an 12-inch iPad Pro. The live view does not work, only audio comes through. My motion notifications are 3 hours behind. For example, a motion triggered video captured at 3:00PM will not appear as a notification until 6:00PM, where it then acts as if the video was just now captured.

Rotating to landscape mode is not consistent, especially when trying to play recorded videos. When on the home screen the individual cameras no longer display as a grid, but instead are locked in portrait mode. Even in portrait mode, half of the UI is hidden off to the right side of the screen along with unable to scroll over to access it.

What is hilarious is that on the App Store, the Arlo App shows a screen-shot of the 2.6 app in landscape mode and displaying the cameras as a grid, but there is no actual way to make this happen in the actual app.

Of course, the loss of the status icons is one of the worst UI changes I have ever seen in any app. Who in their right mind thought that having to press a menu icon (...), then verify that I did press the icon by having to choose "device settings", was a better idea then having to glance over status icons where no icon presses was required.  Bring back the all of the status icons, and allow the cameras to be viewed as a grid.

If the 2.6 app is any indication as to what the new independent Arlo company is going to be like, then I am out. I have been using Arlo for 3 years now, and I am totally disappointed by the idiotic changes.

I want to be able to downgrade back to the 2.5 app, as it was solid, reliable, and easy to use.

The 2.6 app is so bad, I did what I previous thought I would never do, I went out and bought a Ring Doorbell.

dan801
Star

agreed, this and the icons are now all in grey and I cant see which camera model is which at a glance.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented