Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording Arlo Q to Arlo Pro USB Backup

Please allow these cameras to record to USB on base station.  I want local USB backup like I have with my pro cameras but $250 is too much to spend on the Q+ for the additonal features I don't need (Ethernet, POE).  The only thing it does have is local storage, however I don't want to pay $120 extra just for that capability.  Would love to buy two of the Arlo Qs off of amazon for $129, but that only gives me cloud storage.  I don't see any technical reason you can't allow this capability, especially after your customers have invested in the base station for the Arlo Pro systems, and it would add another selling point and additional value to the requirement for the base station with Arlo pro.

Comments
NoJoy
Aspirant

Just setting up a system and surprised to find that the Arlo Q, which I purchased because it doesn't need battery recharging, apparantly does not record to the USB backup disk even though the Arlo basestation is required to use it.

Netgear needs a spec sheet that highlights all these incompatabilities and differences.  The FAT32 formatting and need to use disk manager to assign a drive letter to the backup drive before it appears as a drive in Windows 7 is another of the hidden disappointments.