Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Provide an permanently camera mount along with magnetic mount As part of package

I realize Arlo has just been released to consumers. For the hefty price tag it would be beneficial to include a permanently camera mounts that can be screwed in place, along with offering the magnetic mount. This additional mount would be beneficial from a security standpoint especially when used outdoors. Perhaps Arlo would consider providing this additional mount as gratis to existing customers.
Comments
Vette91z
Follower
I realize Arlo has just been released to consumers. For the hefty price tag it would be beneficial to include adjustable camera mounts that can be screwed in place, along with offering the magnetic mount. This additional mount would be beneficial from a security standpoint especially when used outdoors. Perhaps Arlo would consider providing this additional mount as gratis to existing customers.
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Vette91z,

You make a great point. You should put your idea into the Arlo idea exchange community. Here is a link.  Arlo Idea Exchange   

EmbeddedEE
Tutor

I agree.  I bought the single camera package (1 camera and 1 base station) to test the system and see if I want to replace my existing layout with Arlo. The product comes with two of the magnetic wall mounts.  It would have been much more versatile and satisfying if the packaging contained one wall mount and one ceiling mount (e.g. 1 horizontal and 1 vertical mount).  This might not be exactly what the original post was requestng, but the added versatility would only delight my user persona.

If that's asking too much, then I would ask you to send one truely universal mount (e.g. horizontal and vertical mount).  These solutions typically are not as compact, but it would be better than two of the same limiting mounts.

My assumption is you shipped two magnetic wall mounts assuming the end user will be delighted with the magnetic attachement and enjoy the flexibility to move the camera to a different location with ease.  My experience has been that most of us with home security/montoriing in mind pick placement points which afford the greatest coverage of the area of interest and leave them there.  The magnetic mounts make servicing the cameras a breeze (kudos for that, I like the design), but I'm much more interested in actual utility.

donnoman
Tutor

I bought a 5 camera system. I immediately threw the magnetic bases in the trash.

I used these they worked great:  

VideoSecu Wall Ceiling Mount Bracket for CCTV CCD Box Body Camera 2-6 inch Adjustable Pan Tilt Bracket 1A2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X23I22?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

8 bucks each, you can get multipacks of them, beige or black.

Superman2000
Apprentice

why would they include them,  when you can buy them for $19.99 a pop.  I have five cameras and got these

http://smile.amazon.com/Monoprice-106703-5-5-Inch-Ceiling-Bracket/dp/B009AOWF50?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redire...

they were cheap and work just fine.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented

rayalbel
Novice

Just bought my 2 camera arlo pro system yesterday at best buy.  The kit did not come with permanent mounts.  Am I able to get them with this implementation?

JamesC
Community Manager

rayalbel,

The kit should have included indoor mounts (silver half dome). Did your kit not include these mounts?

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes