Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Page dedicated for the service status.

Arlo should have a page dedicated for known problems with Netgears end. Example as what happened yesterday with Australian and NZ users where cameras picked motion up and send notification to phone, upon logging in to Arlo no footage was saved in the library. This had people thinking something was wrong with their system when in fact was on Arlos end. As mentioned need to have a service status/known errors so arlo users can refer to this first before troubleshooting on their side.

Comments
dancemad
Follower
Server status link to help us troubleshoot local vs server side issues.
dancemad
Follower
Server status link to help us troubleshoot local vs server side issues
DEsparky
Novice
Juse an idea. Monitor cloud status of said user (connected/offline).... when the cloud status connection is lost (offline) for more than x amount of seconds send an automated email/text msg to the user notifying them that the connection has been lost (cameras are offline). When the status is reconnected to the cloud... send another email confirming connection is back.
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

Customer81
Novice
Yes please. Can't get in my house then I need all settings up just to figure out it wasn't even my fault. Wtf
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

With today's authentication outage, potential AWS cloud provider issue, and continued offline status of my base station, I'd really like to see a set of statuses I can access from the app or website showing me the online/offline status of everything that affects my ability to see my cameras.  Today's issue has completely crippled my ability to see what is happening at my house.  There are a lot of people in the community that have been doing factory resets on their base station and getting frustrated.  If there was a status page, all those resets and frustrations could be somewhat avoided.

cerhorn
Tutor

As a fairly new customer, I've seen the system go down twice in the last couple of months.  Unplanned downtime is unacceptable for a security system.  Other cloud providers do Root Cause Analysis for failure events, and have backup systems that they can cut over to when there is a problem.  If you keep getting negative press from the downtime failures, you may find the cost of backup is worth the investment........

clevengergl
Initiate

This has been a very frustrating experience. Not a good first impression.at all. Purchased a 3-Camera Arlo Pro system yesterday evening and hit a brick wall with the base station setup. Tried resetting the base station and router, replacing Ethernet cables, tried all 4 Ethernet ports in my router. I even went into my gateway settings to open up ports 80 and 443. Nothing.

At that point, I called Arlo tech support and that's where the real frustration occurred. I waited on hold for 1 hour and 34 minutes before someone answered, only to inform me that this was a widespread issue and they were working on it!

Here's the most frustrating part:

The community post was made at 10:35pm EST. I called tech support at 11:22pm. Arlo, why on EARTH didn't you include an announcement in your menu prompts alerting customers that there was a widespread issue??? It was BLACK FRIDAY and you had thousands of customers purchasing your products at the same time. Coming out ahead of the issue with a simple message would have saved hundreds of your customers from hours of waiting on hold, would have reduced your call volumes significantly and would have saved your customer service reps from a massive headache.

Something like this: "Please note that we are currently experiencing a widespread issue with many Arlo base stations unable to connect to the internet. Our team is working hard to address the issue and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. For status updates on this issue, please watch for our posts on the Arlo Community website. We apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience."

Brief version: This was very poorly handled, Arlo. Technical issues happen, but there was no excuse for the poor communication and issue management. You cost your customers and employees unnecessary time and headaches, and decreased customer confidence in your ability to handle a widespread issue.

I, for one, am unimpressed and disappointed. Please do better.

JamesC
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC