Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear Router Support

It would be great to extend the current functionality for Netgear Routers to the Netgear family... eliminating the arlo base station footprint and make my household greener 

I have a nighthawk D7000 and despite its greater hardware specification to the nighthawk r7000 i do not have  the luxury of the aforementiones points.

Hopefully these firmware changes would leverage existing design and could be a quick win for netgear and its customer base 

Comments
simonlloyd
Novice

I also have an R8000 and am very disappointed that no Arlo support seems to be available: why not???

ittroll
Apprentice

I don't have a D7000 but I would buy one if it could double as an Arlo Base Station.

sorova
Aspirant

But what people said it didn't work properly on the r7000 anyway.

ittroll
Apprentice

Nobody said that. This idea is to expand the Arlo Nase Station feature that the R7000 has to other Netgear routers. Particularly on the D7000 which has very similar hardware.

sorova
Aspirant

are you saying the base station does not work on the D7000? I am asking because I have one and just ordered the base station.

ittroll
Apprentice

No I'm not saying that. The R7000 got a firmware update which allows it to double as both a regular router and an Arlo Base Station, eliminating the need for a separate hardware device.

It would be good if the D7000 got a similar firmware update.

sorova
Aspirant

ok that would be good, but from what people are saying here, the r7000 one never worked that great either without the base station. I can't see why the external battery cameras require a base station and yet the internal ones do not! doesn't make sense, just use the same technology and run on batteries, or is there something I am missing.

ittroll
Apprentice

I think you might be getting confused again. There is only one model of battery powered Arlo camera which can be used inside or outside. The Arlo Q is inside only but that is not battery powered and is quite different in how it works.

sorova
Aspirant

I thow it is inside only, but a slight mod and it could work ourtside! Why do they bother with a separate design other than the battery system.

jslingwine
Novice

OK.  Arlo not supported by Nighthawk R8000 router (R8000 > R7000 -- duh).

Return Arlo Security Camera; return Nighthawk R8000 router.

Destroy any non-returnable Netgear equipment.

Netgear out of business.  Problem solved!!!!