Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mute notifications for individual cameras

Hi,

I had previously suggested an idea to mute notifications and it's great to see that feature added now.  I'd like to suggest taking that one step further having used the feature a few times now.

Use case: I have 4 camera's, 1 at the back garden, 1 indoors and 2 at the front.  While I'm working in the back graden, it would be great to just mute the back garden camera only so that I still get notifcations if the front camera goes off.  

Thanks,

Paul.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Anon19054367
Novice

Muting specific camera function would allow user to  place camera directed in a high traffic area. Video can be retrieved and reviewed when needed , without a continuous stream of notifications, in a high traffic zone. 

StephenB
Guru
@Anon19054367  wrote:

Muting specific camera function would allow user to  place camera directed in a high traffic area. Video can be retrieved and reviewed when needed , without a continuous stream of notifications, in a high traffic zone.

You can of course already turn off notifications for a specific camera in the mode rules.  That's not a temporary "mute", but I think it does handle your high-traffic area use case.

Wayneo01
Aspirant

Hi all,

While I like my Arlo and the Arlo app, the features seem VERY basic.  Does Arlo publish a roadmap for features that are coming?  More importantly, is there a way for the community to contribute feedback on features and functionality needed?  For example:

• Notifications:  muting 1 camera vs. all, setting a custom timer for muting, setting timelines for when muting will automatically be turned off (e.g. at night or during work hours)
  • Muting:  Option to have camera mute as well (preserve batter), 

This feature is poorly implemented. I have multiple sites and I can't mute notifications for one site only? That's nuts. Muting should be on a camera level, or at a minimum on a site level. Also, you have to open the app, authenticate, browse to the settings, and mute from there. It takes many taps. You should be able to do this quickly from the notification shade on Android. Ring doorbell has a good example of how to do this.

Bad UX. Start over.

dphd06
Novice

This is something Ring cameras do.  I switched to Arlo once I moved and this feature missing is really disappointing.  Unfortunately, this and the inability to change the notification sounds is really a poor design.  Besides that, the Arlo system is great but those 2 items are kind of deal breakers for me.  May need to switch back to Ring.