Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Customize activity zones so they can trigger recording w/o triggering notification, etc.

I would like to be able to customize my activity zones so they can trigger a recording wihtout triggering a notification and vice versa. This would help me take advantage of the wide area being monitored by my Arlo Ultras as I could designate an area of high traffic to only trigger recordings without notifications, while a more critical area (on the same camera) would trigger both a recording and a notification. 

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Mickiwul
Star

This is excatly what i need to.

Reacently we cout a theif, but could not see what he did just before, because this was of my activityzone,

I really need this to do recordings without notofications, within an activity zone.

This would greatly enhance the Arlo experience 😄

Veedems
Guide
Just an idea that I would love to see implemented. Let us set up notifications per activity zone. For instance, on my front yard camera, I would love to receive person notifications in Zone 1, but don’t want to receive them for Zone 2 but would still like to record motion in zone 2. Right now, it’s an all or nothing approach. I’d like the ability to refine the settings a bit more so I can still record everything but only receive notifications of people closer to my home.
azim3136
Aspirant

I would also love to be able to have recordings for all motions detected in my camera, but ONLY receive notifications for motions in my set activity zones. It seems right now, I can only have one "rule" per mode/per camera which is very unfortunate. I want all the recordings, but I only want immediate notification if someone is right in my yard.

dgrillo
Onlooker

I agree with the other posters on here...The options are just not flexible enough in terms of modes....azim said it best:

"It seems right now, I can only have one "rule" per mode/per camera which is very unfortunate."

I also want all the recordings, but I only want immediate notification at certain times, like at night. I cannot see a way to accomplish this due to the current restrictions in place.

Arlo Team, 

I think the easiest solution here would be to allow more than one 'mode' to be active at once, and/or allow each mode to be able to activated at a given time via calendar. The hardest part would be how to handle any conflicting rules, but you guys are the smart ones, right?

Veedems
Guide

That doesn’t address what I’ve mentioned, though. 

BMOC_CB
Follower

I agree 100% with this suggestion!

agarseeya
Fledgling

different notification settings per zone please - otherwise why have different zones?