Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Move To HTML5

Highly recommend moving from flash to HTML5. Many work provided mobile devices restrict app installing and since Android and Apple don't have flash support so you cannot stream the cameras through browsers. Flash has become very restricted in its support. Moving to HTML5 would solve a lot of issues and provide better future compatibility.

Greg

Comments
Casaflyr
Initiate

So now, here we are, over two years since the original post. Still, no HTML5 solution, still, every time I try to access my Arlo cameras from my computer, I get prompted to install the latest version of flash, click on that and the browser asks if it's OK to use flash, give the OK and then the site kicks me out and has me login again. C'mon Arlo, flash was on the outs 3 or more years ago. Adobe plans on not supporting flash anymore this year. And still we sit with a flash based site while every major browser, and most web sites have essentially abandoned it. 

pgalbavy
Guide

IT WORKS! IT WORKS! No more Flash!

I randomly logged on to the web portal today and noticed the layout was different. I tried clicking play in Chrome and voila! It plays. Without Flash!

I wonder why this has not been announced loudly and far and wide?

(I'm in the UK in case this is a regional roll-out)

ChadSmith
Star

I can confirm that this is finally working for me.

JanL
Onlooker

Looks like we found the way to force Arlo to make changes. Just create a global pandemic and they will get to work.

mcavoya
Onlooker

Ah, thanks for the heads-up @pgalbavy !

I can confirm it's working in the US.

TomMac
Guru

No Flash,

AND on Fire Fox I get picture in picture option ( a sizable window )

chibooey
Follower

I just tried i in the United States and it works WITHOUT Flash here also!  Only took them two years!   Hope they didn't introduce any other bugs while rolling this major change out.  It is astounding that there was no major announcement about this.

Casaflyr
Initiate

Hallelujah! Just checked mine, Flash is dead! Thanks Arlo, although I wish we could have been a little more timely on this. 

DaveDank
Fledgling

Came here just to say this. O Happy Day!

It took almost 4.5 years since the first request went in.  Yay.