Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Move To HTML5

Highly recommend moving from flash to HTML5. Many work provided mobile devices restrict app installing and since Android and Apple don't have flash support so you cannot stream the cameras through browsers. Flash has become very restricted in its support. Moving to HTML5 would solve a lot of issues and provide better future compatibility.

Greg

Comments
ethorson
Initiate

I am a new user and I am surprised that you are still only using Flash from Adobe.  I would have thought that you would have made a new website HTML 5.0 compliant and supported a number of different streaming formats.  I guess old habits die hard.

ethorson
Initiate

New User.  Hello to everyone

jasonx101
Apprentice

Yes I would like to see HTML 5.0 used instead of Flash.

LFoD
Novice

This really needs to happen or this device is going to fail pretty hard.  Huge kudos!

ih8gates
Tutor
Agreed. I was surprised to discover that I couldn't watch videos from my library on my Chromebook.
T9001
Star

Yes. 

Sbrownie
Onlooker

The move to HTML5 will have to happen. Flash we be running out of support from Adobe in the near future

Elmar2001
Star
Flash is a nogo, sorry. Please remove flash!
twynne
Aspirant
Please get rid of Flash. It's painful to use on Macs/other Apple products and it's very insecure.
pixbroker
Fledgling

+1

The requirement for Flash limits the usefulness of your web interface. I am on a Mac and don't have flash for security reasons and am unable to play the live stream in the web app, which is a shame. 

Please consider HTML5. 

Thank you!