Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Move To HTML5

Highly recommend moving from flash to HTML5. Many work provided mobile devices restrict app installing and since Android and Apple don't have flash support so you cannot stream the cameras through browsers. Flash has become very restricted in its support. Moving to HTML5 would solve a lot of issues and provide better future compatibility.

Greg

Comments
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

NowakerTmp
Star
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

vthunter
Onlooker

+1    

NetGear, please provide an alternative to Fash. Many of us refuse to use it due to vulnerabilities and HTML is increasingly becoming the standard. 

elevateX
Follower

On the Arlo website, drop the requirement of the obselete Flash Player and render videos with HTML5 instead. 

asf6
Follower

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE REPLACE THE FLASH VERSION OF THE ARLO PRO WEBSITE WITH HTML 5!

Myprivateradio
Follower

It's very surprising that Arlo still relies on flash, considering so many corporates block flash as a matter of course and that the tech community are so consistent in their commentary on its impending doom. I do assume there is activity in the background working to move away from flash, but would appreciate an update from Arlo / Netgear on this (assumed) transition.

automaticerik
Novice

Honestly, if I had known Flash was required for the web interface, I probably would not have purchased. Please move this up in priority and get rid of Flash.

Locnar
Novice

Bringing this post back from the dead (2015)

Its been 2 years Arlo........i can make you one promise.  Until you move to HTML5 i will never pay for a subscription.  

HTML5 is better for everyone and only really lazy developers still use flash.  We converted all our streams at work to HTML5 more then a year ago.  It is not difficult.

Now you probably don't care since its been 2 years and you have yet to make any headway to HTML5, but maybe money will motivate you.......

i am sure others would pay a monthly subscription if you actually maintained a healthy web app instead of a monkey made flash website.

xeeaxe
Fledgling

Can someone from Netgear show some professionalism and please tell us when they are planning to add HTML5 support to their interface? Flash player is not supported on some browsers and is a pain to setup on the ones that do support it. I’m sure many in the Arlo community would appreciate your response.

Regards