Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Move To HTML5

Highly recommend moving from flash to HTML5. Many work provided mobile devices restrict app installing and since Android and Apple don't have flash support so you cannot stream the cameras through browsers. Flash has become very restricted in its support. Moving to HTML5 would solve a lot of issues and provide better future compatibility.

Greg

Comments
pproni
Fledgling

I haven't installed Flash plugins on any of my computers in years, using only Chrome integrated plugin if required. Bought a new Arlo Q last day and already hitting trouble since the built-in plugin doesn't seems to interact very well with the flash-based live feed...

so yeah, HTML5 player please!

Laster
Tutor
Last straw today. Yet ANOTHER security hole in Adobe Flash has been announced. I removed FLASH from my system and now I can no longer access my cameras in live mode. Come on Netgear, time to get up to speed with security in your security products. Time to dump Flash for good.
Casaflyr
Initiate

Really? Flash? Huge security hole. Online keeps asking for flash over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...I have tried Safari, Chrome, Opera, still asking for the "latest" version of flash. This is really getting frustrating. I can't view any of my cameras live online on my laptop. This has been an ongoing problem for at least a year. C'mon Netgear get your $&@% together. Nothing solves this, I download flash, I enable flash, etc. Still "Arlo needs the latest version of flash click here to install". Then click and download and install...."Arlo needs the latest verson of flash click here to install"...

SimonLKP
Novice

Agreed, flash is a no go

REB1149
Apprentice

I was getting this error , and lost live feed . After reading a lot of fixes that may have well been Latin , i like a good many others when to Firefox , and have everything back . I'm told Flash will be fully deceased in 2020 . 

chemirocha
Novice
Another vote to get rid of Adobe Flash and move to HTML5. I have just purchased an Arlo hub and two pro cameras and couldn't believe it when I discovered I need Flash to watch the videos in the browser, in this day and age. Reflects very poorly on Netgear if this is the quality of their software development.
oceanfish
Novice

New user and very surprised the web interface uses flash still. Apart from obvious security concerns flash is loosing support fast.

jaerlo
Aspirant
I can't believe we're halfway through 2018 and a tech company is requiring it's users to use Adobe Flash. Adobe deprecated Flash a year ago so why are does Arlo continue to require it's users to install this insecure, resource-hogging, garbage of a plugin? I realize that most of your users probably use their mobile apps, but computers aren't dead yet. Please update Arlo to use HTML5. This is just embarrassing.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Come on, Netgear! Get going!

Franciscc
Aspirant

Any update on moving to HTML?

If you are not going to please advise.

Thanks, Francis