Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

More Control Over Recordings: Fast Forward, Frame by Frame

I know this is primarily a residential system, but we use Arlo in our small business and sometimes I have to search through hours of clips to find the right moment. It would make it extremely beneficial to be able to set a play speed (2x, 4x, 8x) to be able to quickly scan through recordings, then go frame by frame to capture the exact moment I want.

Being able to capture a still frame is great and adding some editing afterwards would be nice, too. Timestamps and some basic highlighting/2D drawings all would be a fairly easy addition and helpful in the right circumstance.

Comments
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Fledgling
This is something that shouldn't require any thought on the development team's part. We recently had an incident that our camera likely caught on camera, but there is no way to download a clip for the police to review. This is a tragedy for such an expensive product and a major loss that has turned me from a mega fan to a guy looking for a new solution. Fix this, and you'll get me back! I hope you do!
Guru
@thetaft3  wrote:

... but there is no way to download a clip ...

You can download clips stored in the library, so I am confused on what you are saying.

Fledgling
Yes, you can download clips from the library that are captured from an activity zone trigger, but we use CVR, and you CAN NOT download a clip from the CVR timeline (for example, I want to download a clip from 6:25am to 7:35am to send to the police). The event was not in our library. THIS is the issue. It can't be a bandwidth issue; I stream the playback, what's the difference that downloading it? A Fast Forward (2x/4x/6x) would be ideal as well, to find events not captured to the library. I'd settle for being able to download the video and parse on a secondary player at increased speed.
Guru

@AArnesen wrote:

but we use CVR, and you CAN NOT download a clip from the CVR timeline

Thanks, that is an important clarification.  I agree it should be possible to download a segment of video from the CVR timeline.

@AArnesen wrote:

A Fast Forward (2x/4x/6x) would be ideal as well, to find events not captured to the library

I agree here too.  One way to do this is to have the player just play the keyframes until you find the right point.  This would likely be a lot faster than 6x.