Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Minimum Record Time

Hi All,
Not sure if this has already been suggested... the Arlo Pro currently has a feature when it senses motion to record until the motion stops. Could there be a feature added where you have a minimum time it records or a minimum time it records after the motion has stopped.

I found today that as someone walked away from the cameras out of the motion area... it would have been good to just have a few second more of recording.
Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

MSwolly83
Star

Please add the ability to Record while there is motion/audio for a MINIMUM of X seconds/minutes.

This way.. the recording is not limited by either motion or time.. 

Is this possible?

JamesC
Community Manager

MSwolly83,

This is a good idea. Currently, the record until activity stops feature allows recording to continue if there is motion present up to a maximum of 300 seconds. A condition for a minimum time could be useful.

Thanks for sharing!

JamesC

DuncanYB
Star

That would be very useful! I now have it setup to always record 90 seconds, but setting it to 30 seconds minimum unless there's still motion would be better!

Jmiller1493
Tutor

I totally agree!!! Please set minimum time

OwenHarris
Novice

Yes great idea. I love the ease of setup. 

LawnMM
Star
An easy option to add via future firmware release would be a minimum recording length timer.

Currently I can only record based on motion, or a fixed interval. Sometimes something will trigger a recording and then move outside the PIR range but still be in view of the camera.

An easy option to add is a minimum recording length slider with increments up to 2 minutes, 3 minutes, etc.

I think being able to record 30 seconds minimum after any motion trips a camera, or continuously if the PIR continues to detect movement would be excellent. This way you don't miss something important that's still in view of the camera but beyond PIR range.
ryanking
Guide

I was getting ready to ask for this very request. Would be awesome!

LawnMM
Star

I'd really like to see this as well. The motion sensor isn't infallible. Sometimes it starts recording then stops as the object is beyond the motion distance but still visible.

I'd like it to record until motion stops AND for X seconds AFTER motion ceases.

BMichael
Novice

This is exactly how this feature SHOULD work. The "either/or" approach results in MANY "chopped off" recordings as someone sits still for more than a few seconds OR the time runs out. Cannot get a full video of two people sitting in a room talking but not moving around. If on "while motion" then chopped off when still. If on "for 90 seconds" then chopped off even if they're moving!

"Motion + 90 seconds" would solve the problem nicely.