Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Low light sensitivity Or disable low light switching

Arlo Q plus

This is NOT related to the IR lights on the camera.  This is pertaining to the low light sensitivity of the camera. 

I have seen this request before from other users but it seems to get lumped into the IR lights on/off (which was a great improvement btw, thank you!!).  I am asking that we be able to adjust the switching(possible LUX threshold setting) from daylight to low light mode or at least be able to toggle the switching and prevent the low light trigger.  

Example: There is a decent amount of light outside where I have my camera(street light nearby) but it seems to be just dark enough to have it switch modes when a stray headlight beam hits the camera.  It then switches from a very readable color video to a super grainy B&W one and it stays in that mode for the rest of the night. 

Thank you very much!

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

HumanSkunk
Initiate
A nice feature to have would be the ability to set at what light level the IR/Night Mode triggers on. I have mine positioned in my hallway and it automatically enables night mode even though there is a good amount of natural light. I don’t want to fully disable night mode as it would render them useless at night if they detected motion. My hue lights motion sensors have the ability to trigger on light levels and it would be a great feature to have in the Arlo. Hopefully this can be enabled in an update!