Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local Storage and Homekit for Arlo Wire-Free Video Doorbell AVD2001

Hi:

Could your engineers activate local storage to the Wire Free Video Doorbell on the Arlo Hub? The option is present for the wired version and also present in the menu of the wire free model but I cannot activate it. This is extremely incovenient and frustrating as your initial marketing of the product did not mention the absence of this option. I kind regret getting it without this feature.

Additionally this doorbell isn’t adding to HomeKit even though the option was announced. Please advise and fixed as my Ultra cameras and Hub connects fine.

Please advise as to when these issues will be addressed and the local storage option be activated .

Thank you.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi i4u2c2,

These features are currently available on the Arlo Wired Video Doorbell (AVD1001). But our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

ItsSparks
Novice

i wonder when this will come because i'm a new buyer looking at buying a smart video doorbell and if homekit support comes i'll buy this and base station straight away i'm a homekit decked out guy so i'd like my smart video doorbell to support homekit come on arlo make this happen the wired one has support why cant the wire free one not have support?

Dkreisb
Observer

HomeKit support for AVD2001 is critical. Please make it available as soon as possible. I too was extremely disappointed that only the wired version is HomeKit enabled.

Why would I spend $50 more for the wire-free but NOT get HomeKit support? I hope I haven’t wasted my money because I sure have wasted time on this issue.