Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Invent an arlo smoke detector

Please invent a smoke detector that works with the seccurity system. This will help with homeonwers insurance.

Comments

I agree! 
A workaround I use is the Audio feature of ARMED. If an alarm was to go off in my house it will notify me of the loud noise. 

Lundbela
Fledgling

From view, to make arlo areal smart home system it has to be added smoke and leakage detektors

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

curh
Star

Not sure the best place to put this, but seeing the new devices from CES2019 had me thinking, why not create a Smoke/CO detector like nest protect as an example, rather than just a sensor that picks up the sound of an existing one?  Battery opperated but integrated to Arlo would be amazing.

PeterLa
Novice

Yes , we need it asap

Adamsanders3
Novice

I agree. I’m going to ditch arlo and get a system that has an integrated smoke alarm and detection. I already get wayy too many notifications from bugs and noises that I fear a smoke alarm would get lost in the fray. A dedicated smoke detector is a much better fix. Get with the competition arlo.