Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Integrate Q to be used in a mode with wireless cameras

Now that the Q camera is available, I'd like to see it be integrated into the modes so you can add a rule along with the wireless cameras. Since we currently need a separate mode solely for one Q, its impossible to set up modes utilizing all possible devices for scheduling. Complete integration, treating the Q as one would for any wireless camera, increases the utility of especially the Q but all cameras as part of a system.

Comments
peterb86
Onlooker

100% agree with this suggestion. Wish I had seen this was an issue with Q. Would have just got another wireless camera instead!

ShockwavePyro
Apprentice

Yes please Netgear, this is a big requirement

Mindygirl
Guide

Me too.  If we had seen this was an issue with Arlo Qs, we would have purchased more wireless cameras, and yes a big Arm/Disarm button would be great on the App.  Agree with all the posts ahead of mine.  Get with the programme Netgear.  I wouldn't recommend the Qs with the way they work at present.  

skelley
Tutor

the latest IOS update includes a Force Touch arm/disarm, so now it is awesome!

peterb86
Onlooker

The force touch arm/disarm on iOS is helpful - but not if you have custom modes.

It also doesn't help if we want to make a rule like:

When motion is detected on Arlo Q Camera 1 record video on Arlo Wireless Camera 1

So the Arlo Q's still need to be integrated into the modes with the Wireless cameras.

rkm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh come on netgear... how can you start selling a product from one family and NOT fully integrate it.... 

Sometimes I wonder if developers att Netgear acutally USE the products they develop.... <sigh>

ShockwavePyro
Apprentice

Do you think Netgear are reading this? Arlo is such a breakthrough in affordable security cams for the consumer which I'm sure many have bought.... but a little more time and effort to listen to your current customers and fixing some of the obvious issues would go a long way to getting many many more customers. What are you guys doing?

JamesC
Community Manager

I do not currently have any information on the implementation of this idea. I encourage community members to continue supporting this idea by adding kudos if you would like to see this feature in the future.

JamesC

ggraeff
Tutor
I agree with this 100%. I have 4 wirefrees and 2 Qs so requires three separate clicks to arm/disarm. I'd also like to like to create an IFTTT recipe that arms/disarms with a single trigger, like the push of a Flic button. As it stands, I think I would need six buttons... three to arm and three to disarm. That makes no sense at all!!
delfant
Fledgling
It's very frustrating that Arlo Q cannot be armed or disarmed as a group, with or without Wire Free cameras. The app definitely needs a single switch to arm and disarm everything with one tap.