Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Inactivity Duration Setting - Change from 10s of inactivity to stop a video to 15s or more

This has got to be the best feature request with the lowest amount of development time required. It's a no-brainer. Hear me out.

Arlo stops recording motion activated videos after 10s of inactivity. Almost every capture I get is cut IN HALF because the person/thing in motion stops for 10 seconds.

Example 1: My dog runs outside to use the bathroom. Arlo picks up the motion, starts recording, but after the dog is standing there peeing for 10 seconds, the video stops recording and I completely miss the dog running back inside.

Example 2: Garage cam. Arlo picks up me walking into my car. It takes 10 seconds for me to close the door, put my seatbelt on, switch into reverse, and start pulling out of the garage. Arlo stops seeing motion for 10 seconds and stops recording and completely misses me pulling out and closing the garage door.

Example 3: Someone walks up to my front door. They stand at the door searching their keys for my house key, and aren't moving for 10s. The video stops recording and completely misses the person entering the house.

These are just a few simple examples of how ~90% of my captures turn out. I'm always missing the latter half of the video. 10 seconds of inactivity is simply not enough. I would like a very simple setting to change the duration for inactivity in order for a video to stop recording from 10 seconds, to 15-20 seconds. This is different from setting a static amount of time for recordings. I don't want the same duration of videos every time, I still want inactivity to cause the recording to stop, but I want it to be a longer duration of inactivity.

Isn't that so simple? This simple feature would literally double the amount of action that is captured for my scenarios.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!