Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Support for Arlo Video Doorbell

Hi. I'd like to request that you please add HomeKit support to the Arlo Video Doorbell ASAP. I have three Arlo Pro 3 cameras, and actively use HomeKit support with that model. The only missing piece of the puzzle is the Arlo Video Doorbell. Thank you in advance!

Comments
LTV
Follower
Follower

Many, many thanks, on behalf of all those waiting for this feature. Arlo is fantastic!!

ogxm
Aspirant

This update exercise is turning into another issue: why wouldn't my VMB5000 not sense the new firmware? For its life, it does not update. So, I'm stuck with no access to logs to view if an attempt is being done with some potential failure.

It doesn't matter that the hub has been rebooted multiple times, as suggested on this thread, even with happy endings for some.

LTV
Follower
Follower

Maybe this can help, JamesC from Arlo said:

We are rolling out a firmware update for base stations and SmartHubs that will allow HomeKit compatibility Arlo Video Doorbell (AVD1001). This firmware update has not be deployed yet to all users but we expect it to be completed in the coming days.

I will provide an update here once the firmware is available to all users.

JamesC

ogxm
Aspirant

There's hope. Thanks, LTV.

John777
Novice

Excellent news that the Wire-Free Video Doorbell now has HomeKit support!

You need the following to use Arlo with Apple HomeKit:

• An Arlo Ultra, Essential Video Doorbell (Wired or Wire-Free), Pro 4, Pro 3, Pro 3 Floodlight Camera, Pro 2, or Pro camera

Link to information from Arlo: https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit

ogxm
Aspirant

Thanks, Arlo folks. My hub updated and all is working well.