Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
Aspirant

I can't believe the reviews of this system can be so glowing, while the actual software and product can be so **bleep**.

Novice

Same issue.  Seems like a simple thing that could be solved in a software update.....

Aspirant

Seems like moderating the forums is more important than updating the app. I tried to post a new thread with this request on 2019-06-19 09:11 AM. And instead it gets inserted into this one. Can anyone else either post a new thread or keep liking this one? Seems like Netgear won't respond unless we actually get more responses(?!!)

Aspirant

Netgear won't respond even with 1000 responses.  I will be considering equipment changes in the future.  Customer service is lacking in a major way and they seem ignorant to the changes needed in the software.

Novice

Yeah, I will also look at different options soon. 

Aspirant

So three years later and no resolution for this issue? Pretty sweet that Arlo has released several new products ($$$) since then and they haven't bothered to resolve a simple but VERY annoying issue.

I guess after all the issues I've had with my Arlo cameras I really shouldn't be surprised at this point. 

I will soon be selling my Arlo system and looking for a new setup.

Aspirant

NETGEAR YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!

This is insane that after years of customers complaints we still can’t remove old redundant devices from the geolocation list!!!

I will be telling my friends to avoid Arlo cameras until this is fixed.

Fledgling

So... seems like I wasted a good amount of money. The reviews were pretty sweet just to find out the software is horrible. 

I had to re-sync few times to have the cameras properly working - but confidence level is zero if I'm away for long. Woman Indifferent

Anyways. Old topic and still no solutions? 

I gave my old phone to my partner and now I can't make the geofence work because it "thinks" that the other phone is unavailable... 

How do I reset so the account can recognize that phone is now woth the shared account? 

Will a factory reset resolve? (Dumb windows fix... in 2019 this still being a solution is lame).

Please some clarity!!!!

Geofencing Issue with Removing unused devices from Geofencing settings. i cant remove old devices. I DONT NEED A YES OR NO IF THIS IS SOMETING I CAN DO. I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS SOMEHTING THATS BEING WORKED ON. IS THIS PROBLEM BEING WORKED ON TO BE SOLVED? BECAUSE ALMOST 3 YEARS AND NO FIX IS REDICULOUS. EXCPECIALY FROM HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED AND BROUGHT IT TO ARLOS ATTENTION. SO... IS THIS BEING WORKED ON? YES OR NO? I NEED TO KNWO IF I SHOULD SWITCH TO NEST OR NOT. AND IT RIDES ON THIS SITUATION. 

Initiate

Don't worry it's still in beta!

Now my phone's won't even show location, just says unavailable. I have 7 associated devices over the years lol... Bet it hit some hardcoded limit in the software