Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
lacosta338
Fledgling

Netgear has  the worst customer service of any company I have had to deal with, which includes Comcast and pick any of the major cellular phone companies. These camera's are not cheap and in order to use them as designed they want us to pay a subscription fee every month, but refuse to fix any issues with the app?

Simply saying you will not recommend Arlo to anyone is not enough. We need to post reviews all over the Internet informing potential new customers how bad thier support is and to stay away. Perhaps after losing money they will start to address these issues.

MonkeyMagik
Aspirant

I can't believe the reviews of this system can be so glowing, while the actual software and product can be so **bleep**.

anthonym6
Aspirant

Same issue.  Seems like a simple thing that could be solved in a software update.....

skibumPNW
Aspirant

Seems like moderating the forums is more important than updating the app. I tried to post a new thread with this request on 2019-06-19 09:11 AM. And instead it gets inserted into this one. Can anyone else either post a new thread or keep liking this one? Seems like Netgear won't respond unless we actually get more responses(?!!)

Goodnabr
Aspirant

Netgear won't respond even with 1000 responses.  I will be considering equipment changes in the future.  Customer service is lacking in a major way and they seem ignorant to the changes needed in the software.

Eriddering
Novice

Yeah, I will also look at different options soon. 

Theotherone
Aspirant

So three years later and no resolution for this issue? Pretty sweet that Arlo has released several new products ($$$) since then and they haven't bothered to resolve a simple but VERY annoying issue.

I guess after all the issues I've had with my Arlo cameras I really shouldn't be surprised at this point. 

I will soon be selling my Arlo system and looking for a new setup.

DMcCookie
Aspirant

NETGEAR YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!

This is insane that after years of customers complaints we still can’t remove old redundant devices from the geolocation list!!!

I will be telling my friends to avoid Arlo cameras until this is fixed.

Sabelina
Aspirant

So... seems like I wasted a good amount of money. The reviews were pretty sweet just to find out the software is horrible. 

I had to re-sync few times to have the cameras properly working - but confidence level is zero if I'm away for long. Woman Indifferent

Anyways. Old topic and still no solutions? 

I gave my old phone to my partner and now I can't make the geofence work because it "thinks" that the other phone is unavailable... 

How do I reset so the account can recognize that phone is now woth the shared account? 

Will a factory reset resolve? (Dumb windows fix... in 2019 this still being a solution is lame).

Please some clarity!!!!

DjIntrigue
Tutor

Geofencing Issue with Removing unused devices from Geofencing settings. i cant remove old devices. I DONT NEED A YES OR NO IF THIS IS SOMETING I CAN DO. I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS SOMEHTING THATS BEING WORKED ON. IS THIS PROBLEM BEING WORKED ON TO BE SOLVED? BECAUSE ALMOST 3 YEARS AND NO FIX IS REDICULOUS. EXCPECIALY FROM HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED AND BROUGHT IT TO ARLOS ATTENTION. SO... IS THIS BEING WORKED ON? YES OR NO? I NEED TO KNWO IF I SHOULD SWITCH TO NEST OR NOT. AND IT RIDES ON THIS SITUATION.