Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
Fledgling

Please fix this issue. 

Aspirant
I am surprised this has not yet been addressed, only recently upgrade from Arlo to Arlo Pro 2, and I can't remove any old mobile devices associated with the account...
Aspirant

Same problem here as well...

Have been in embedded software engineering for decades - a fix would need maybe a few man days max, including testing and release.

As I am sure, this is being done somewhere in "best cost" country, we're talking about a THREE digit $$ number !!

REALLY???

(Sorry for not being more polite, but this is absolutely rediculous!)

Fledgling

I'm trying  to delete obsolete devices and see this problem is years old. This does not give me a good feeling for Arlos future or investing in more Arlo. Especially since Google embraced NEST.

You appear to have a major security vulnerability on your hands with the inability to remove an enabled device from an account. If someone local to an individual (who either sold a device or had one stolen) got their hands on a device, or another device that was once had linked to the account, if they were to enter the home's geofencing zone, the mode would change and the security system would be rendered completely useless to the owner. This needs to be addressed immediately.

Homes could be accessed without video being recorded because the system would "think" an owner is home.

Observer

I have changed iphones multiple times and the old devices are still listed in Geofencing.  Where are these devices stored and can I remove the old devices from the available list.  These devices have be here for months and one has a duplicate phone name.

Del

Novice
Another vote to please add the ability to manage and removing geofencing devices.
Novice

Agreed. As an IT Security Professional, I would appreciate the ability to remove any previously authorized devices completely.

Novice

.... Netgear's behavior is absolutely unacceptable and I agree with all the people who have been posting about this issue for years (!!!!).

Netgear, get your act together and implement the "feature" to remove old geofencing devices. It's a necessity! And it's security relevant. Come on!

Best regards from Germany.

Chris

Tutor

So I keep receiving updates anytime someone adds an update to this thread. I posted originally about 9 months ago! Today I decided to call Arlo Support and received the following response: "We are aware of the issue. Someone else reported to our team a few weeks ago. Our engineering team are working on the solution. We are taking this as a priority." 

I would recommend that everyone call them and raise a ticket! Number to call them for your respective countries can be found at https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx