Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
anotherhoward
Fledgling

Please fix this issue. 

yueh
Aspirant
I am surprised this has not yet been addressed, only recently upgrade from Arlo to Arlo Pro 2, and I can't remove any old mobile devices associated with the account...
olejnix
Aspirant

Same problem here as well...

Have been in embedded software engineering for decades - a fix would need maybe a few man days max, including testing and release.

As I am sure, this is being done somewhere in "best cost" country, we're talking about a THREE digit $$ number !!

REALLY???

(Sorry for not being more polite, but this is absolutely rediculous!)

Dvm88wp
Fledgling

I'm trying  to delete obsolete devices and see this problem is years old. This does not give me a good feeling for Arlos future or investing in more Arlo. Especially since Google embraced NEST.

zookeeper116
Novice

You appear to have a major security vulnerability on your hands with the inability to remove an enabled device from an account. If someone local to an individual (who either sold a device or had one stolen) got their hands on a device, or another device that was once had linked to the account, if they were to enter the home's geofencing zone, the mode would change and the security system would be rendered completely useless to the owner. This needs to be addressed immediately.

Homes could be accessed without video being recorded because the system would "think" an owner is home.

Beretta
Observer

I have changed iphones multiple times and the old devices are still listed in Geofencing.  Where are these devices stored and can I remove the old devices from the available list.  These devices have be here for months and one has a duplicate phone name.

Del

shoustonnz
Luminary

Trying to resolve geofencing issues. Note there is no way to remove old phones. I can untick them, but not remove them.

When writting this post "arlo suggestions" showed it was problen back in 2016.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Geofencing-Removing-old-unused-devices-from-Geofenc...

Same as a lot of people I am trying to use Geo fencing on Android.

No power saving on . Changed names of phones, to no special characters, no spaces.

The change of name shows for my  phone (admin) but not my wifes phone (which has been granted access, and is an enabled device).

Yes we have restarted the base station. Yes we are up do date with all apps. Yes have restarted phones. Our house is not available when I type in address, but our street is. I have medium radius set. Where does arlo get its mapping information from. Our house address is on Google maps.

I have had geofencing work once, which was last app update. Both leaving and arriving home. But that is it.

It still remains to show phones are unavailable, or in zone, when they are out of zone. Out of zone when they are in zone.

I understand you are working on it, and appreciate our patience. 

But well over 2 years of "beta". 

When you do get it sorted. Release a "how too" guide. Because it is clearly not a simple process to make it work.

MDean
Novice
Another vote to please add the ability to manage and removing geofencing devices.
RobSATX
Novice

Agreed. As an IT Security Professional, I would appreciate the ability to remove any previously authorized devices completely.

Seashell
Fledgling

.... Netgear's behavior is absolutely unacceptable and I agree with all the people who have been posting about this issue for years (!!!!).

Netgear, get your act together and implement the "feature" to remove old geofencing devices. It's a necessity! And it's security relevant. Come on!

Best regards from Germany.

Chris