Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
hjalmeida_PT
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

I am having the same issue as  evil_splorp. Since the last update, whenever i go to the Arlo App it just keeps asking me if i want to activate Geofencing - which i am already using, for bad or worst - and it informs me that i have an active device even if no device is selected on the list. This just keeps popping up everytime i go to the app which is several times per day and it is just plain annoying.

Anyone with the same issue? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Chares
Follower
Yes: disable 2FA, disable fingerprint login, delete app cache and data, delete app, reinstall app, relogin, reconfigure. Level 2 engineering team is aware of the issue but they don't care on giving a simple step by step explanation, you have to get somebody on the phone to give you "instructions" to do this.
MyMo689
Fledgling

It is things like this that made me leave Arlo. I had the worst time talking to customer service trying to figure out if something was wrong with my cameras after moving, but apparently my batteries were just too old and died since their LIon batteries have a life of approx 1.5y and I bought my 4 camera system 2 years ago. Their customer service was nice enough to offer to send me 1 replacement battery, which honestly I was happy to receive, 1 is better than none, but then they sent me the wrong battery (it was an Arlo GO battery , so it was like 2x longer than what my camera could fit). Rather than spend $50 per battery, for 4 cameras, every 2 years, and have to deal with their horrible geofencing and mobile app, I just switched to a different home security solution that is much easier to maintain. I wish you all the best of luck but I gave up trying.

evil_splorp
Observer

This should make my problem clear. These images are the from same camera's Geofencing settings.

Note that this indicates that I have 4 (four) enabled mobile devices.

4 enabled mobile devices.jpg

But when I click into that setting, it only shows 2 (two) enabled devices.

2 visible mobile devices.jpg

Now, please explain how I can utilize Geofencing when I cannot see all the enabled mobile devices. (Side note, the second phone that says 'Out of zone' is my wife's phone. She's upstairs, right now, and definitely 'In zone').

I've reinstalled the application, after clearing the cache and data.

Where can I see (and edit) ALL the devices that the application apparently has in its database?

DIO2
Onlooker

I find that I can only get Geofencing to work with one phone. If I add a second it plays up. And this despite all the updates that ARLO have done to their app. I mean how hard can it be to get this correct. If it works for one phone OK then adding a second follows the same algorithm, then the s/w just checks if one or both are in or out. Basic stuff really

Goodnabr
Aspirant

I have one phone enabled.  I have to start the app EVERY time I leave home... if I think about it.  When I open the app I am asked if I want to "Enable this Device" EVERY single time.  EVERY single time I respond with yes and then I get message that says ALL enabled devices must be out of the home zone... I can't tell if that means my phone (the ONLY device) is enabled or not.  There is obviously new software and a new app but it is obviously as bad if not WORSE than the previous crap they had.  If I don't think to Arm the base, it NEVER monitors anything.  Seems to me this could be a potential liability situation for Arlo since I purchased their product to protect and it really does NOT do that using the provided software.  I hope I don't have to be the person who tests this.

DIO2
Onlooker

Not a solution to solving the Geofencing unreliability issue, but I use a couple go IFTTT widgets which arm and disarm the cameras. Much easier and quicker than navigating the Arlo app.

kyle76
Novice

i have found thread after thread, AFTER THREAD of people asking if arlo has ever fixed the problem of not being able to remove old phones from the geofencing list after upgrading. so i'm going to join the fray..... has arlo ever fixed this oh-so-simple request from its PAYING customer base, whom have asked so many thousands of times for a fix for? 

Bobspjr
Aspirant

Fix this S!!! Wow.  Glad I’m not the only one.

ARLO PLEASE WORK ON THIS OR AT LEAST LET US KNOW YOU ARE CLOSE TO A SOLUTION.  Someone from customer service be brave and comment here please.

Bobspjr
Aspirant

PLEAE!!