Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
sun302
Novice

My geofencing can’t work at all. I can’t believe Arlo can’t fix this problem for such a long time!

Frankarlo
Star

Same issue here, still not solved?

dgoepp
Initiate

Unreal. This problem has existing this long. Is a no brainer of a feature request, and pages of complaints about. Get it together here people and fix this problem!

JYK
Fledgling
Fledgling

I'm seeing the same issue and would like to clean up old/unused devices from my list of "Enabled devices" in the Geofencing settings page.  Is there any intention to fix this issue?  Is there currently any efforts being made to address this long-standing problem?

Thanks!

Chrishaunb
Follower

I have been wondering how to change the feature where you can remove mobile devices for geofencing that have accessed the account in the past because I had multiple phones that I had went through and only want one phone device available for geofencing.  By any chance is there any new firmware updates or anything that we can do on our end to fix this?

Chrishaunb
Follower

I have been wondering how to change the feature where you can remove mobile devices for geofencing that have accessed the account in the past because I had multiple phones that I had went through and only want one phone device available for geofencing.  By any chance is there any new firmware updates or anything that we can do on our end to fix this? Is there a hardware or software issue with this?

wing987
Tutor

Allow the deletion of geofencing items in the list. This can pose a security risk for those who upgrade phones often, even if disabled (how often are disabled accounts found to be a vulnerability in KB updates?) and may pose a risk of unauthorized access, or even inability for someone getting a recycled phone to use their geofencing.

If nothing else it helps keep things clean!

Dave_TAZ
Fledgling

I upgraded my phone, the new phone lists two devices in my home zone

Pixel XL (old handset needs to be removed)

Pixel 3 XL (new handset)

I cant work out how to remove the old handset from the list of geofenced devices?

I only want the new handset Pixel 3 XL to remian.

Thanks

Dave

Clydesdale404
Follower

Same problem here.. Old phones in list, doesn't see new phones etc...  Netgear doesn't give a crap clearly as this has been going on for years at this point. The Geofencing was one of the features that sold me on it, well no longer. I will not be buying anymore arlo products beyond the 5 we have, and will be moving over to Ring or another service that has thier crap together.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

@Clydesdale404

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support