Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
mark
Tutor

Jumping on the bandwagon, this is definitely something you all need to fix.

Lony
Fledgling

I too am looking to delete old/unused devices

Tbrainz
Tutor

+1 for fixing the ability to remove old phones & tablets from the app GEO-FENCING device list - its super frustrating, as none of these devices seem to behave well for lifecycle, and do not synch well to the actual device name and changes to device name over time.  Being able to remove and re-add would be the absolute bare minimum capability in my view....

PLUS

2) Also need to clean up old Arlo cameras that are decommissioned and removed from the arlo account, but remain none the less in the FILTER section of the app when reviewing the library - I've tried a few ARLO cameras, and whilst it is not functionally a problem, the list of "cameras" shown is growing rapidly and endlessly - most are no longer in existence, and were removed from the account many many months/years ago, but persist in the app filter.

Ratfinke
Fledgling

My issue

upgraded iPhone and did a restore from old iphone backup to transfer settings (through iTunes)

The geofencing will not work with new iphone. Does not list it as a phone in the device list

Suspect its a conflict with old phone.

Suggestion to allow purging old devices, to remove conflict. 

Others seem to have similar issue

Guidofus
Novice

Same issue here. Got a new iPhone and it's not showing up in geofencing.

JamesC
Community Manager

Guidofus,

It sounds like this could be due to special characters in the iPhone's name. By default the iPhone will be named something like "JamesC's iPhone". Some users have reported having issues with the special characters. Try renaming the iPhone to something like this: JamesCiPhone   Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Ratfinke
Fledgling

It sounds like this could be due to special characters in the iPhone's name. By default the iPhone will be named something like "JamesC's iPhone". Some users have reported having issues with the special characters. Try renaming the iPhone to something like this: JamesCiPhone Do you still see the same behavior?

————

This solution above fixed the problem of geofencing not working for me

from a hygiene perspective, I would still like to be able to remove old devices

LC2
Novice
Novice

I, too, have gotten a new phone and want to remove my old one from the list.  The old phone is already disabled from geofencing but it still shows up in the list. Netgear -There needs to be a way to delete old devices from this list. Please fix this. 

BeTactical
Guide

James,

This does *not* solve the problem (changing iPhone names). Nor do other patchy solutions in these threads. We need a *real* fix as the lack of geofencing seriously handicaps an expensive system (I have 9 cameras) for which I pay a monthly fee. When is a *real* fix coming from NetGear/Arlo!?

Until this is fixed our monthly fees should be waived. This worked decently well for nearly a year now it fails, what gives!?

-Garrett

Bmallicote
Fledgling

James, 

Thank you, this worked for me. I thought it was stupid that I would even have to try this, but it did work.

This is likely an issue with special characters in your iphone's name. The default name generally contains an apostrophe (JamesC's Iphone). Change this to something without special characters (JamesCIphone) and try going through geofencing setup again.