Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

GOOGLE SMART DISPLAY

Hey Arlo. My Lenovo Google Smart Display was just delivered. One of the best (proposed) features of this device is the ability to talk to Google Home (through Samsung SmartThings) and have it display the current Arlo camera feed. I can't wait to say, " Hey Google, Show me the Front Door Camera".

When can we expect this integration to happen?

I currently have a Wire Free Base Station, 2 Wire Free cameras and 1 Arlo Q.

Comments
xoffroadx
Follower

Hey Arlo. My Lenovo Google Smart Display was just delivered. One of the best (proposed) features of this device is the ability to talk to Google Home (through Samsung SmartThings) and have it display the current Arlo camera feed. I can't wait to say, " Hey Google, Show me the Front Door Camera".

When can we expect this integration to happen?

I currently have a Wire Free Base Station, 2 Wire Free cameras and 1 Arlo Q. 

UncleBob2
Aspirant

Any update on this?

xoffroadx
Follower

I have been watching this closely with Google Alerts. I can say that I was successful in live streaming my Arlo Q to my Lenovo 10" Google Smart Display. This now works with the latest Google Home App update (once you link Arlo with the Google Home App). Unfortunately for me it looks like the original Arlo Wire Free cameras are not supported. The good news is that live stream of my Arlo Q works flawlessly on my Google Smart Display and my Chromecast devices.

This article might be helpful to those needing help: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/google-assistant/.

Here's to hoping that integration for Arlo Wire Free cameras will come in the very near future (fingers crossed).

rainyday_505
Novice

Hi, @xoffroadx, you mentioned that you got Alro Q to work on your Lenovo 10" Smart Display. Can you explain how? No matter what I try to say to get it to live stream to my Smart Display, it says, "OK, streaming to TV." Then it just does that.If I go in the room with the TV it's gettting the live Arlo Q feed. But no stream on the Smart Display itsefl. Also, in the Google Home app on my Android it streams live to my phone when I select it.

How can I stream my Arlo Q directly to the Smart Display? 

Thanks!