Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Front cover in white

The front cover of the arlo is black. Most indoor walls are white or at least in a bright color. So the arlo is very visable. It is a dark spot, immediately detactable.

You offer covers for the arlo in green and black, which work fine outdoor. But what whould be fine is a white or silver front cover (exchange or adhesive). With that cover the arlo whould be more hidden on white / bright walls. Of course the sensor and the camera are still black but that is only 20% of the front. 

An optional accessory could solve that problem and generate additional sales.

Comments
freichart
Onlooker

This is excactly what I thought when I mounted my cameras. All walls are white, the white housings almost "disappear. But the black front make the camera fully visible. An attachable front panel in white would be increase the acceptance to use more cameras . e.g in a stylish living room.

Kathleen779
Novice

This is nit picky, but things like this drive me nuts.  I'd really love to see a camera option in all white.  As I imagine most people do, we've installed our cameras on the trim of our house.   They would just blend in nicely with the decorative trim if not for the black face on the camera. I imagine I'll get used to it, but, right now, that dark spot on my pretty, light-colored trim is driving me crazy.  

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

ZACHT
Follower

I painted my white but it was a pain in the butt 🙂  

Very surprised you can't buy a cover since they have skins with literally every color of the rainbow. (Y'know, for those who like to dress up their Arlo like a Barbie doll… )

eokerholm
Follower

There are those of us that wish the case trim was ALL BLACK and matched the face, like the Arlo Pro cameras. 

We install ours outside in trees and the white trim on the Pro2s is immediately obvious. Even with brown silicon cover the WHITE LINE around the BLACK face is just plain poor planning. The Arlo Pros in black hide much better.

Who doesn't put a cover on an outdoor camera? The color can still be white and left folks pick the color of face and/or trim. Would be a nice option to have the color trim/face choice when ordering. So the "All White" and "All Black" enthusiasts would have their choice.  We had to paint the trim with black nail polish, but that is messy and less than ideal. You shouldn't paint the faces yourselves as that messes with the infrared and therefore nightvision and motion. Was disappointed to see the 3s and Ultra come with the silly white trim when looking directly at the camera...... 

Additionally, if we've invested in the Pros and the Pro2s, we have to ditch the whole set up to get a 3 or Ultra? Or just add it to the already existing house set up. Silly the new base isn't backward compatible with the Pro2s and Pros.....