Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Exclude areas from triggering recordings

You already have an option to create trigger zones, why not add one to create 'ignore zones'.

I have one tree outside our house that triggers the camera constantly in the wind. the only way to stop it making 30+ recordings in a day is to turn the sensitivity down but then I miss actual events. It would be good to just highlight the tree and say ignore this thing...

Comments
Fledgling

@BrianTurner wrote:

You already have an option to create trigger zones, why not add one to create 'ignore zones'.

I have one tree outside our house that triggers the camera constantly in the wind. the only way to stop it making 30+ recordings in a day is to turn the sensitivity down but then I miss actual events. It would be good to just highlight the tree and say ignore this thing...

This is a FANTASTIC idea, and would be useful for my application as well!

Novice

I have a tree that constanly sets off a camera. Need to be able to control to zero notofication in that area, when will you offer this option? 

Aspirant

Agreed this is a great idea.  I have a camera on my landing and people walking past the bottom of the stairs will keep triggering the camera.   Once on the stairs or landing then fine; but, just need a small ignore zone to solve the issue...

Arlo Employee
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

Aspirant

The option to exclude areas would be very helpful for me. There are 3 tall grass bushes that constantly set off the motion sensor but with the 3 rectangular inclusion zones I can’t cover all the area I need to while also excluding the bushes.

Guide

Great idea! This would be realy helpfull in reducing "false" alarms