Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

Exclude areas from triggering recordings

You already have an option to create trigger zones, why not add one to create 'ignore zones'.

I have one tree outside our house that triggers the camera constantly in the wind. the only way to stop it making 30+ recordings in a day is to turn the sensitivity down but then I miss actual events. It would be good to just highlight the tree and say ignore this thing...

4 Comments
Fledgling

@BrianTurner wrote:

You already have an option to create trigger zones, why not add one to create 'ignore zones'.

I have one tree outside our house that triggers the camera constantly in the wind. the only way to stop it making 30+ recordings in a day is to turn the sensitivity down but then I miss actual events. It would be good to just highlight the tree and say ignore this thing...

This is a FANTASTIC idea, and would be useful for my application as well!

Novice

I have a tree that constanly sets off a camera. Need to be able to control to zero notofication in that area, when will you offer this option? 

Aspirant

Agreed this is a great idea.  I have a camera on my landing and people walking past the bottom of the stairs will keep triggering the camera.   Once on the stairs or landing then fine; but, just need a small ignore zone to solve the issue...

Community Manager
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation