Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Emergency Mode

A must need this System should have is an Emergency contact info. such as "Fire", "Police", "Ambulance" and make it a one touch dial.. I'd like to see this in the next Update and should be a priority.. It should be listed such as "Camera", "Library", "Emergency", "Settings" menu.. Take out "Modes"..this is already under "Settings".. No need to repeat.. 

Thanks,

JPC

Comments
RX
Guide
Guide

It seems that this is a good idea.  You may put a request here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Opps.. Thanks RX.. This forum should have another Category "New Idea" under "Latest Discussion in.." 

Emergency contact info on apps? You mean a function that would dial 911 or another number on your phone? Cant you just press the home button and click emergency?

You would be creating about 3 more clicks/steps/things/scripts from within the app that would have to load before you could actually click on that preset number...

Close the app, click emergency on your phone = two clicks

Can we just try and get them to focus on getting the cameras/motion/recordings (the reasons we bought this system for in the first place) to work right first before getting into the weeds ex. like with all the talk of these IFTTFIIITIIT or whatever functions?  

🙂

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Collingsworth wrote:

Emergency contact info on apps? You mean a function that would dial 911 or another number on your phone? Cant you just press the home button and click emergency?

You would be creating about 3 more clicks/steps/things/scripts from within the app that would have to load before you could actually click on that preset number...

Close the app, click emergency on your phone = two clicks

Can we just try and get them to focus on getting the cameras/motion/recordings (the reasons we bought this system for in the first place) to work right first before getting into the weeds ex. like with all the talk of these IFTTFIIITIIT or whatever functions?  

🙂

Just thought it would be a good New Idea to put one in there just like ADT security system which it has that Direct Emergency Buttons.. I'm sure it'll be handy for some of us.. I'm not just talking bout' Apps but Browsers too since this is an online system..

I understand that Netgear needs to focus on cameras/motion/recordings to work right for some people but what's this got to do with my New Idea? That's why I put this in the "New Ideas" Discussion.. It's up to Netgear if they consider this idea or not... But don't be telling me to stop wasting Netgear's time and let them focus.. The last time I checked they're in control.. not you or I.. 

Well, firstly, I never said to you in any way, shape, or form in my response to your post to "dont be wasting Netgear's time"  

Secondly, what you are asking for them to incorporate into their firmware is simply never going to happen.  Thirdly, by providing a direct dial button through the app that would contact an emergency service such as the fire department or rescue squad (911) would make them subject to federal and state laws.  This would require Netgear, or a 3rd party provider for Netgear to apply and pay fees and taxes for licensing themselves as a central station alarm company and would subject every involved employee to federal/NCIC/state background checks as directed by federal compliance regulations covered under NFPA 72.

Then, depending on your state of residence, you have to pay a fee to register your Arlo as an alarm system with your local municipality, and be subject to fines for false alarms (like if you are trying to adjust your motion settings in the Arlo app and you accidentally hit the "emergency button")....just as you are subject to with an ADT system.

You are asking Netgear to get into the alarm company business. NOT going to happen. Just click your home button and dial 911 is the best you are going to be able to do, or hit that trusty button on the ADT panel.

Thank you.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
It's an idea.. Geez.. Again.. It's not your decision unless you work for netgear.. If its not gonna happen then its not gonna happen.. We move on..
Why not add a feature to the app called emergency mode. In this the all cameras get turned on and record for a long period and whilst allowing you to close the app to call the emergency services whilst still recording?
JamesC
Community Manager

I have relocated this topic to the Arlo Idea Exchange.

No interest from anybody?
Still no?