Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Top Contributors

Door sensor option

Instead of motion detection, can a camera be synced to turn on when a door opens? Example: I'd like to install in backyard where fence door is located, but a range of things would set the camera off in motion detect mode alone (leaves, a squirrel, kids playing, etc... ) so, it would make sense if it could start recording only if the backyard door were to be opened. An old camera system I had was synced to a z-wave door sensor and it would start to record only when the sensor activated which was perfect. Arlo support, any ideas?
9 Comments
Tutor

This would be huge... please add SmartThings and other home automation hub support to allow door sensor and other triggers. Open API.

Novice
I would love it if you guys developed a magnetic door/window sensor that warns you the same way as the cams do if someone breaches a door or windows.
Community Manager

ROYALGAMER,

Great idea, thanks for sharing!

JamesC

Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Community Manager

Tutor

Is there any discussions of having these types so that the Arlo system can be an all in one.

What we woul dlike is eventually get rid of our home sec and use something like Arlos for complete guarding

Tutor

This should be marked as implemented? Use SmartThings and this IFTTT Applet - If SmartThings sensor opens, Arlo starts recording - https://ifttt.com/applets/413209p

Arlo Employee Retired

Onlooker

A serperate motion detection sensor for outdoors that does not need to be powerd, but could trigger a camera to start recording would be great! This way I could utilize my front yard camera (which cannot detect motion due to the window it looks through) to capture movement.