Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disable cameras temporarily

I've seen this suggested several times over the past several years and I believe this would be a pretty simple addition to the apps.  There are times I will disable certain cameras when I know people are going to be setting them off repeatedly.  However, when I disable a camera I have to remember to turn it back on.  Why not have a setting to temporarily disable one or several cameras for a finite period of time?  Such a simple addition this would be to increase the usefulness of the cameras.  Does anyone from Arlo read these suggestions?

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

ave80r
Novice

I agree - this would be a great feature!! Suspend so I don't forget to turn the system back on!!

lite1
Apprentice

Yes, would e very good feature. I'm newbie Pro2 with 6 cameras. In  a different forum for different product the forum allowed for a ?aire/survey do that users could vote on how important a feature suggestion would be for them. Arlo developers should allow something like that so that this feedback area becomes more meaningful, as right now it seems to be nothing more than a wish-list from users.

bucfanjay
Novice

IMHO, disabling the cameras temporarily is a __MUST HAVE__.  Please add this feature ASAP.

mattyrasher
Aspirant

Yes please, add this feature. At the moment i disarm the system when i have a visitor in the house and i am out. But like others on here, i do forget to arm it again. Ring have a Button in their app called Snooze. It can be set to snooze from 30 mins to 4 hours. 

Kyle28
Novice

Have arlo done anything about this yet? Needs to happen asap! 

Ro_Yo_Mi
Novice

Although I agree that Arlo devs are regularly reviewing the forum, the trend says they simply ignore our requests for improvements. 

Examples of our requests:

- Allow longer session time. Users are booted out of the website after 5-10 minutes and are forced to log back in.

- Add a feature that periodically takes a picture (once an hour or so)

- Allow trusted devices to not require two-factor authentication. Currently, two-factor authentication is either on or off. Turning 2FA on increases the amount of time it takes to log in. Couple this with the short session time, and it's a real pain.

- add a feature to allow temporarily disabling one or more cameras for a predetermined amount of time.

corinne-OR
Follower

I would like to make a suggestion to improve the use of the cameras. Under Setting / Smart Notifications, would you please add an option (for each camera) to set a time and day when we want the camera on/off. 

For example, one camera could be setup to be off the daytime, another one could be set off at night (or a specific time). I am not sure i would make a setting difference depending on the day of the week but someone else may?

The existing schedule available under "Mode" is one setting for all cameras which does not meet my needs.

Thank you for considering adding this day/time setting for each camera. 

Corinne

StephenB
Guru
@corinne-OR  wrote:

The existing schedule available under "Mode" is one setting for all cameras which does not meet my needs.

Although it can be complicated to set up, the existing schedule does allow you to have different cameras on different schedules.

ferrisdl
Novice

Absolutely agree.  A button with a pre-set disabled duration, or even better, a small pop-up menu that asks how long to disable with some common options (e.g. 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr).