Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Direct Storage Access Wishlist

1) Thumbnails

2) Ability to delete videos via iOS or Android app

3) Allow guest user to access local recordings

4) Remove advertisements asking us to subscribe to Arlo Smart

5) Remove the PC hard drive icon, videos are stored on an SD card and not stored on a PC hard drive. Maybe use the same SD card icon used under the Smarthub device settings menu?

All please like this post to get enough attention from Arlo, thanks.

Comments
Jamonsk8
Initiate

It looks very unlikely that Arlo will do any of this as it means they’d lose out on making money with their subscription model for these cameras. It’s been months if not over a year that people have been asking for this and pleading with Arlo. I raise tickets every now and then with their technical department  and keep getting told that the solution is to get a subscription and that there’s no plan to do any of these enhancements. It’s such a shame. 

ElocinTwin
Follower

Yes. I need all of this!

ElocinTwin
Follower

Allow local storage users to have

1) Thumbnails

2) Ability to delete videos via iOS or Android app

3) Allow guest user to access local recordings

All please like this post to get enough attention from Arlo, thanks.

Harold_Bien
Aspirant

Agree with request for thumbnails, even if it requires a button to load from the phone.

Also agree on removing annoying subscription ad - I saw it already, don't need to repeat it everytime I switch to local (a separate issue - if no cloud subscription active, why default to cloud?)

Guest access and icon I think are nice but not absolutely necessary.

Sam3490
Aspirant

I second that. But I don't think they'll give you thumbnails they want you to pay for it

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso

I'd like to add that it's absolutely necessary to:

- see thumbnails 

- allow other users to share access to direct storage.

I'm actually shocked that Arlo doesn't allow access of other users to direct storage - what world do you think, Arlo, we live in? That only one person checks their system within the household? Or that we need to have a rota for checking recordings? This is ABSOLUTELY crazy that this isn't done yet!

Harold_Bien
Aspirant

There appears to be a bug in the app. When I view a local recording for a particular day, if I switch to another day the same video in the queue position (e.g. the latest video on one day and the latest video on the other day) has a weird overlapping icon for both download and play. If I then hit play, the local video plays immediately without a delay to "download". This indicates that the inability to Livestream is entirely a software driven issue, something that Arlo intentionally does. In fact, the delay to "download" a video is simply a trick to encourage you to purchase a plan. I don't think I'm ever going to get to another Arlo camera system and wish I never got it in the first place. I'm planning on replacing all 4 Arlo Ultra's all with solar panels with something else that's entirely local.