Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Direct Storage Access Wishlist

1) Thumbnails

2) Ability to delete videos via iOS or Android app

3) Allow guest user to access local recordings

4) Remove advertisements asking us to subscribe to Arlo Smart

5) Remove the PC hard drive icon, videos are stored on an SD card and not stored on a PC hard drive. Maybe use the same SD card icon used under the Smarthub device settings menu?

All please like this post to get enough attention from Arlo, thanks.

Comments
Redpower187
Apprentice
Interesting, must be an Android app bug as it works perfectly on iOS for me with port forwarding.

Just the few finishing touches as stated in the wishlist and all is good.
Redpower187
Apprentice
Can probably scrap number 5 off my list as I forgot some base stations use usb instead of sd card, so I guess makes sense to use a hard drive icon and not an sd card/usb icon.
Johnny290
Mentor
I also like it
Redpower187
Apprentice
Cheers Johnny 👍🏼
Redpower187
Apprentice
Need more than 3 likes if we ever want this to become a reality.. come on everyone!!
StephenB
Guru

@Redpower187 wrote:
Need more than 3 likes if we ever want this to become a reality.. come on everyone!!

The mods should probably move it into the idea exchange (though maybe you could repost it there).

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi redpower187,

I'm moving this thread to the Idea Exchange board. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

Jamonsk8
Initiate

We really need the point on direct access storage for authorized users with access rights.  Limiting direct storage access to the primary user is not acceptable and renders cameras useless if you don't have an Arlo subscription for the Arlo Pro 3.

dpl
Guide
Guide

YES to all of the above!

Syall
Fledgling

Yes. I really hope these get added. I agree with Jamonsk8 direct access for authorized users with access rights is a must.