Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dark mode for App

A dislike with the app is the bright white interface that is like looking into the sun when woken up at 3am. I suggest a option for a darker interface for the Arlo app to make viewing the cameras and reviewing recorded footage easier at night.

Comments
Felix23456
Novice
Darkmode for

- iPhone App
- App Icon
MisterPB
Onlooker
Is there any clear indication of when would the app dark mode be implemented?
Andyfi
Aspirant

I love my ArloBaby camera, but when I'm checking on the baby in the middle of the night, my retina's are blinded by an all white background. It also makes it harder to actually see the video without making it full screen.

Please add dark mode to the app! #saveourretinas

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice

Also just released dark mode for iOS13 today, and it looks damn sexy.  Thank you Arlo for listening to your customers!  

Pperk
Fledgling

How do you get dark theme? That was my suggestion but there should be an option for dark the is that other white background that's bright. Read previous comments where there is already a dark theme how do you get it?

TomMac
Guru

I believe you can get the dark theme via the settings on iOS/android

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Partially Implemented

Dark Mode is available on the latest version of the Arlo iOS app on iOS 13 devices. Enabled from iOS system settings, streaming a camera or checking a video recording is easier on your eyes with Dark Mode, especially at night. We’ve also freshened up some of the UI colors within the app. 

We will be sure to update the community when Android will have dark mode ready. We appreciate your patience and understanding!