Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Maxiehouse
Aspirant

I add my voice to the fact that it is disappointing not to be able to change the notification sound. It hardly ever wakes me at night and that is the very thing that it is suppose to do.......alert me. Even it it had one other more annoying, longer sound that you could set at night would be great

Hookem
Novice

Hello Arlo, 

i just bought your new system yesterday.  I had the ring system but was not happy with it.  But when I changed over to Arlo, I noticed your sound notifications only have one option for iOS.  Will your team be able to change the sound options soon.  

Alphonso123
Observer

Hey Arlo, Hi, Knock, Knock, Anybody Home? WTF guys? This thread, and one before it on the same subject, has been churning for a year or more. When you get back from lunch can you pretty please make the change that so many want? As it now stands, the common, wimpy, tiny, notification sound from Arlo renders the whole system kind of useless. PLEASE AT LEAST POST IN THIS THREAD TO LET ALL YOU CUSTOMERS KNOW WHY YOU CAN'T/WON'T FIX WHAT SEEMS LIKE A PRETTY SIMPLE REQUEST. Thank you....

FireBug36
Aspirant

I am the owner of a small company and have nine Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  All of my products that monitor my security system are Apple products due to the enhance security.  Let's face facts:  If the Pentagon cannot get through an iPhones defenses, then the system is pretty tough in my book.  I have had two Windows PCs hacked and destroyed by hackers.  Now, I only use Apple products with my business.  

As for the push notifications for Apple products for Arlo, they are all but useless.  They are totally insufficient for notification at night or when in an area that has any noise during the day.  Also, the notifications are seriously lagging behind from the time that the event occurred until the time you are notified.  This is a tremendous handicapp to the Arlo System.  I have a MacBook Pro, an iPad, and an iPhone 8 Plus.  Apple product users need notifications to as effective for us as for Android users.  If you cannot correct the problem, then at least create an portable external notification alarm that can be carried with us to keep track of any events occurring on our Arlo System.  

sn0wballz
Star

Just make sure you keep giving this kudos y'all.

Alphonso123
Observer
I cannot understand how/why Arlo has not EVEN replied in this thread. I've told several people about Arlo, and they have bought equipment. No more. I'm not going to help sell anymore of this stuff unless (at least) Arlo posts in this thread and gives an explanation.
sn0wballz
Star

Honestly the only thing that *might* help is for this thread to get hundreds of Kudos.

Dabaum
Follower
I would love to have the option to choose different sounds for each individual camera. Maybe even have some basic choices like "front door" and "back yard".
Airbnb32819
Novice
There needs to be an option for an alert that will actually wake you up. Right now, if a burglar enters the home when you are sleeping, the vast majority of residents wouldn’t wake up from the short tiny Arlo beep. This is a major safety flaw and a reason i cannot recommend this product to neigbhors on nextdoor and other forums. This needs to be addressed!
steve_t
Master

Like perhaps a Siren? They could put it in the base station. You could set it to only be triggered by certain cameras