Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Change "Leave a Message" language to whatever the app/web is and record custom welcome message

My guess is that the Arlo production line are sold mostly on US market and therefore don´t get that many votes. But nevertheless it is important for as on the international market

To my surprise the message from the doorbell to poll for att short massage are in English. So in my naive mind (working in the tech business since mid -80 with programming and UX) I thought that i should also change into the local language when it was switched in the app/browser. But it was then still English.

So either make it into the language selected or the option to turn it off. Even better offer the opportunity to record and upload your own, 

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi wallepuh,

Are you referring to the "Quick Reply" messages from your Arlo Audio Doorbell? What language are you trying to set your audio doorbell to?

wallepuh
Aspirant

No, quick replay I can get from change the language but the message that ask/instruct that the visitor can leave  a message should be language specific or you could record and upload your own

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying. Could you let me know what language you are wanting to have it change to?

wallepuh
Aspirant

The very first option that is clear is to change it into whatever language I change in the app/webb so it stays consistent. (German, french etc) For me living in Sweden I naturally want to have it in Swedish,

The second option is to have the option that I can record my very own welcome message so I can upload it that is even better whatever country the customer lives in.

It is a matter of courtesy for the visitor that enter the doorbell.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for clarifying again. The development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.