Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change mode commands using Google Home assistant

is avaiable a list of Google assistant commands?
I need to change the Mode using Google assistant, for example: "ok Google set Arlo in programmed mode"
Or
"Ok Google set Arlo in deactivate mode"

Comments
Odes
Novice

please let us disarm or arm by google assist or Siri

Rkka93
Fledgling

I would like this as well. I use to be able to arm/disarm via Stringify but now that's gone defunct I can't figure out a way to do it. 

Rkka93
Fledgling

I would like this as well.  I was using Stringify and different Google routines to control when my cameras would arm/disarm.   Ideally, I would prefer to select a particular mode rather than just arm/disarm.  e.g. when using a routine for going to bed or waking up, I would arm or disarm the internal cameras.  But arming/disarming would be a good start.

Kriro676
Novice

This is the ONLY feature I need with Google assistant! Who needs a command to view the cameras on the TV!?

I think Arlo product management need to step up and get to know your customers' needs.

NEWJOURNEY
Novice
I am trying to set up Google routines having like Once on a bed to Arm the Camra. Then these alarm in the morning.
SwannyMatt
Fledgling

I just got an Arlo Pro 2 and I'm genuinely surprised this isn't possible. I'm borderline considering a return of my Arlo system because of this. Honestly why would I ever want to watch my Arlo camera's through the Google assistant app (the only integration)? I want meaningful integration, to be able to arm/disarm my Arlo system via Google assistant commands.

Joeb912
Guide

You can arm, disarm and a few other things at ifttt.com.

The specific command you're looking for is what brought me to this forum. I didn't find a command

to enter the mode I created to enable only the outdoor cameras. "OK, Google, set mode to xyz" is what

I'm looking for. 

In the meantime, I'll try not to be lazy and set the mode from the app. 

Surely this is being developed?  Surely

shadowsjc
Guide

is there any workaround for this? Seems like such a basic feature to have, but based on the lack of responses from the Arlo team I guess it isn't being looked into. I'm surprised that IFTTT doesn't allow this either. 

Gdefender
Aspirant

IFTTT does support this functionality.

Arm: https://ifttt.com/applets/MvMgs9JD-tell-google-assistant-to-arm-your-arlo?term=arlo%20arm

Disarm: https://ifttt.com/applets/raiAMZLh-tell-google-assistant-to-disarm-your-arlo?term=arlo%20disarm

I agree, native Google Assistant/Home support would be very helpful!